Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stukov, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    It can idd be done in 40hrs or less.. I've been playing for aprox 6hours per day for 6 days.. so it kinda goes..
    Didn't manage to get any of my (female) squad members to.. ahem.. thou

2. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I guess if you finished in under 40 hours without any female, umm, encounters, then you didn't put in enough foreplay hours :).

3. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    maybe same issue for me with first playthrough 38hours :nerd: gief Tali she has such an great character imho :banana:

4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II

5. XLR8

XLR8 Member

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB
    In my case it was Thane... :3eyes:

6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I finished the game yesterday and damn that was one of the best game I have played this year(so far). Characters were awesome! They didn't feel like they were npcs, it felt like I was actually a part of the game which is what every game should feel like!

7. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I'm loving this game. I'm about 18 hours in and haven't jumped through the Omega 4 relay yet. Just spending my time doing the recruitment and loyalty missions. I think I have 5 loyal squad members now. I just completed recruiting Tali which was...
    a brutal ****storm of epic proportions. That giant Geth thing was badass.

8. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Not sure if this has been asked before, and I seem unable to find this online, but can I install my copy of Mass Effect 2 on another computer, while having it on this one? The reason I ask is because I'm at college, and have it on my gaming computer. My brother wants to play it at home on our HTPC, so I was planning on taking it back this weekend to install it there.

I'm sure I'll need a crack (no worries, I have a legal copy) for it to run there. But, should I be using my CD key? Meaning, if I use my CD key, does that prevent one of us from playing the game (if I use the same key twice)? And I have the Cerberus Network DLC - can I transfer these .exe files to my HTPC and install it to the other Mass Effect 2 installation, without any problems?

Thanks!

- PR-0927

9. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    ME2 should be made into a movie. Could be really awesome.

10. RaoulDuke4413

RaoulDuke4413 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    Been staying away from mass effect threads as to not spoil the game heh. Finally finished a couple days ago. I liked it a lot. Want to go back through ME1 now and start a renegade character, I never did it. I was a bit worried about the direction it was going after Dragon Age (which I didn't like much). Very good, lots of things I wasn't expecting. I like how they ditched the clumsy inventory system from the first one. I also liked the more simplified charcter customization. Exploration was kind of a mixed bag. I didn't like traveling around on the featureless landscapes of the planets in the first one, but the whole planet scanning in me2 seemed kind of grind-ish. There were a few encounters but aside from metal collecting there didn't seem to be much to discover outside of the planet's description. I'm not going to complain too much about that though, there was way more substance to the main storyline than the first one. Which was the main gripe I had with ME1.

I somehow managed to get over 64 hours out of it, I have no idea how, didn't leave it afk much. I'm impressed. Go Bioware heh.

Oh and I really, really liked The Illusive Man and the whole conundrum involved with him. Martin Sheen does a spectacular job. Don't want to get into spoilers though. This game is much improved upon the first. I ended up picking up the two Mass Effect novels as I hear they explain more about his past.

11. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Do the same with my Gaming Notebook, no issues, just copied the whole game to the Book installed the PhysX that was on DVD1 and installed DirectX Redist February 2010 and i was good to go.

12. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    haha good one :)
    I'm currently going thru ME1 now again.. and then doing the 2nd attempt with ME2, and hopefully do everything right :p

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Man, the last MEMBER of CREW is a surprise..what a brilliant made.

a GETH...i can never imagine it..good made..his voice is great

this is like movie..but i think iam coming to END of the game :(

14. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Tali was such a disappointment in bed.

I was hoping to see her face, but you don't get to see anything of her under the suit.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i think you need to wait before some guy mods it , so everyone would be naked.
    thats what happened for Dragons age :p

16. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hahahaha, that would be sweet.

Traveling thru space and time to save the galaxy, Naked.

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    If this forum had signatures, this would be mine.

Ofc you have only heard about that mod and not tried it yourself, right? :D

18. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Hmm, so I can use the same serial in two places? The crack I will obviously need to do, since it has a disk-checking mechanism (discs will only be in one place).

- PR-0927

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    haha, no actually i only saw the movie. i havent tried dragons age yet.

20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Anyone know if it's possible to get the "face code" of an imported shepard face from a ME1 save ?