Official Hard Reset Thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Think Painkiller in Blade Runner.

2. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    New Hard Reset update on Steam, which also adds a survival mode :)

List of changes:

3. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Hard Reset: Extended Edition in US March 2012

Some screenshots from game with updated engine
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Source

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Looks.... like it does now.
    Not a bad thing, as the game looks great, but really... it doesn't look any different.

But, I hope these additional levels and such are made available to people who bought the game on STEAM right out the door.

5. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Yea... I don't really feel like paying extra for a couple of new levels and enhancements..

Hopefully the Steam version will just DL the updates when they're released.. :D

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    will definitely pick up the extended edition when it gets released. i love this game :D

7. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    By 'retail' version, do you mean they'll be releasing this on CD/DVD? I'd rather wait and go that route (I don't see this mentioned on their website though).

Also, is there anything I should know about the game that sucks to find out the hard way? For example (although this has apparently been fixed in the patch), not being able to change difficulty midway through the game. I don't consider these spoilers, but I suppose someone else might.

Is ammo scarce, or (like most games, it seems), is there an over-abundance? Specifically, should I care about hoarding ammo?

Are you able to easily max out all of your experience points and therefore weapon (and other) stats, or is that resource limited?

Any other gameplay mechanics that stink to find out late in the game? How to activate hidden buttons? How to change weapon stats? You only find this type of weapon in one location in the game? "Oh, I didn't know you could..."?

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Can someone please tell me how what the conditions are for unlocking new weapons. I want to put my points into the rocket launcher without having to waste points on unnecessary skills but neither in game, nor the manual, nor anywhere else online...can I find anything that tells you what skills are prerequisites to unlocking new weapons etc

Eg. I don't know if the better weapons unlock at certain points in the stort, after you have received a certain number of points, or if there are pre-requisite skills in the bottom tree ( the passive combat abilities ) in order to unlock weapons.

I saved up 3 points and put them into all sorts of things trying to unlock the ARES rocket launcher and it didn't unlock. I don't want to have to buy points for a weapon I won't later use...

9. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    I don't know how you guys can't stand the sounds in this game. Graphics are OK but the sound is just awful. REALLY awful.

10. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    ^^ this. What a horrible choice of 'music', no noise would be a better term.

Anyway, I'm having SLI scaling issues. It's not scaling at all for me. Performance is horrible, it should be twice as high compared to other SLI users. I'm using drivers 290.53. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gpu usage is about 20-40% on each GPU and I've got 15 fps higher with SLI disabled -_- I've already tried a clean driver install, but it's not working.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  12. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    If I remember right you just have to have the shotgun unlocked to unlock the rpg. Also grenade launcher >> proximity mines, arc lightning thing >> railgun, shock mortar >> smartgun

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Any news on whether the Steam version will be updated, or if the retail version is a standalone game.

$30 in the US, but £25 here so quite abit more expensive, also comes out nearly 3 weeks later in the UK:bang:

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The new content will be released on STEAM as DLC, but no price is known yet.

16. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Oh cool, I thought we'll get this as free update :D

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's listed to be released on the 13th on amazon.com, but there's nothing making that date official.
    Other then Flying Wild Hog saying the addition would be released in March.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Flying Wild Hog posted a message on their Facebook page, the message contained details about the upcoming addition to Hard Reset, but was encoded in binary.

[​IMG]

So, if you own Hard Reset, the additional content will be added to your STEAM copy of the game for free. :)

19. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    wow respect!

EA, Codemasters you hear that?! :p

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Great news for HR owners! :D