Official Hard Reset Thread.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HonoredShadow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nice review, even though the 6870 beats my card when using MLAA lol.

I will still probably use MLAA anyway, not sure FSAA does a fantastic job anyway, and not tested it with FXAA yet.

The claims that it is DRM free and half the price of a normal game like DeusEX aren't exactly true though, but they are a small developer and since all the rest are prone to porkies i'm sure they should be allowed too.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    FSAA should work as a form of super-sampling or as it's name indicates full screen anti aliasing, unfortunately I am not entirely sure if it's fully comparable to real SSAA but it should be more effective than the shader based MLAA method and without the slight blur though you might need the full 4x to get rid of all "jaggies" effectively which really hits performance, I use 2x myself and that's still a noticeable FPS hit but it's fairly effective.
    (MLAA works pretty well and at a usually minor to none FPS affect but as mentioned as a post-process effect and how it - and FXAA - works there's a light amount of blur.)

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i use hybrid 2xMSAA +FXAA by somedude and its much better then only 4xmsaa, and it doesn't take such a hit.

FXAA alone still renders some jaggies in the distance, but with at least 2xmsaa its much better.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    So does any of the later levels ever get any color? i mean its not just a dark looking game, its just devoid of much color, i noticed even the flying car sitting there is just completely dark grey.....the future has no paint?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I was confused at this game, I killed a boss, then killed another boss then the credits came up

short assed game

6. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Played the demo, liked it alot, however don't have the dollars to buy it atm :( oh well, gotta wait I guess...

please post some screens, btw no dx11, imo games should be dx11 by now, which alot aren't and now they're gonna bring out windows 8 soon and dx11 has hardly been used... lol

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's a dark game. The only color you will see will be various reds, greens and blues from neon signs and lights from flying blimps overhead.
    Yes, the majority of the levels are greys, blacks, and various metallic colors. But there's enough neon lighting and stuff blowing up to keep the visuals bright and entertaining.

The game is roughly 5 hours long, based on skill level and player skill. I finished it in 4 hours on normal.
    But, for 30 bucks (25 if you pre-purchased it) I think it's completely worth it. It's very, challenging, great looking... and the first product from a very promising new developer.

I'll gladly support them.

8. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    That Performance review is a load of crap, I get 80-180FPS all settings on ultra 1920x1080 w/Radeon Pro.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
  10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    heheh i was gonna post that yesterday, guess he was to excited how it looks and then somehow mentioned its using tessellation:bonk: lol

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Really, 180fps? Come on, pic or didn't happen.

Btw Review is not a load of crap, getting same fps with my GTX470.

12. MfA

MfA Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    ahaha i would expect that load of crap from [H] not techspot lol.. damn i feel sorry now..

you can test with ingame benchmark which comes with demo version not full game though, i think they tested that way too.. GTX460 score seems low to me.. i get higher than that..

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=350538

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  13. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Hi, Yes I did.
    In my first Demo Benchmark run I got 73-200 FPS all setting full/ultra 1980x1020 in my second run I got 85-175 FPS all setting full/ultra 1980x1020

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    so i take it all the levels looks basically similar?
    i pre purchased it, played it for a bit but nothing too exciting. i still prefer painkiller but so far the level design is kinda boring.

15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The later levels get far more intricate, specially chapter... 6 I think. That level looks absolutely gorgeous with the lighting and shadows.
    All the level keep the same theme, but they do change a bit visually.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Hence the word "reset" in the title. Hit Reset.

So i guess the game is short and kills hardware nice.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Takes between 45 and 50 minutes per level here but I try to do everything so that does increase the playtime significantly, five hours now and just started chapter 6.
    (EDIT: At insanity difficulty of course.)

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega

That review has serious inconsistencies.

At 1920x1200/Ultra/fsaa4x, it gets 52 fps for the 6970, My card @ stock 6970 clocks gets 53.2, but there's is an i7-920 vs my i7-2600k, so 1-2 fps seems plausable.

[​IMG]

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9599/fsaa.png

[​IMG]

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2880/hardreset20110917065015.jpg

Then move on to MLAA and here is where it get's a little far fetched, same hardware/resolution they are getting 86 fps while my card @ stock 6970 clocks gets 95.1 fps, all first/single run bench results on my part.

[​IMG]

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6889/mlaa.png

[​IMG]

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5682/hardreset20110917064110.jpg

So that's a 10 fps difference, unless the i7 920 is bottlenecking their system at 1920x1200, a little hard to buy, I can't see how they would get such a large difference in MLAA when fsaa 4x seemed pretty much spot on.

Moving on to their cpu performance section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://ark.intel.com/products/53426

No explanation necessary here I think, what were they thinking?

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    @ 1280x1024 (4xmsaa, ultra, older 270.90 driver; gpu 850mhz, ram 2150mhz)
    i got min 40| avg 87| max 156fps

idk now with 285.xx i deleted the demo, but i saw final runs pretty much the same -_-

20. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    hmm...positive reviews !!

time to get that Demo :D