Official Crysis demo thread- Launched October 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rifle_Grunt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvv123

vvv123 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    Awesome! Mine just finished downloading and about to install it! What driver version are you using?

2. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    guys I wouldn't worry yet....the game definately isn't correctly optimized yet....my proof is that it runs almost as fine on my 6800nu as most peoples 7900s and 8800s. im sure it will be optimized to take advantage of the hardware in the full version.

3. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    well i don't know what happened but demo is not working for me anymore :( i can get to main menu but when i go to load a save it crashes when 80-90% is done.

4. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Well, I've seen a lot of crysis screenies, Dx9 and dx10, and I must say that the difference is quite big, visually and performance wise.

DX10: performance is bad (especially in the higher res), the greatest difference visually is the lightening of course. It's the first game where I really have the feeling I'm in a real world and not looking at a bunch of overbloomed textures (which can be also stunning, but not like this).
    The game is also more detailed (higher res textures etc).

DX9: performance is not too bad, but still a bit too low. It still looks better than any other DX9 game, but it's not as real as DX10.

5. dec1211

dec1211 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320mb
    Wooo! I got up to 60fps on a mix of med and high settings. I'm pleased :)

And don't forget that they've still got time to optimize it!

I can't wait 'til the new 9 series card come and can play this all maxed out! :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm running at 16x10 :p

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  6. vvv123

vvv123 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    oops forgot to ask, what software do you guys use to check the fps that your getting?

7. Kuroudo Kaiseru

Kuroudo Kaiseru Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
    Game finally works again .. but now I got those weird white trees lol, anyone know how to fix it? I already tried with turning of AA/AF on nvidia control panel, but didnt help.

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm running on a 7600GT 256mb(ignore GPU in my specs) I'm running all Medium(no AA) @ 1024*768 and it runs great, its a little laggy in the cut scenes(video freezes a little) but the game plays fine. Very smooth.

9. Smellbow

Smellbow Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    dx9 in xp works best for me but i just played through in Vista dx10 all set to very high at 1440 and it stays at 20fps up to 30 (rarely) not ideal but strangley playable. No AA tho, that just murders it!

Love shooting one guy then cloaking and moving away to a better posistion, great fun watching the AI scout around for you, pick them off one by one :D:camo:

10. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well even getting 25fps average, you can't even tell that it is running that slow. it never dips below 20fps so there is no lockups. I thing they did a pretty good job making this game. Even low fps you still can't tell. Only the dx10 performance i would say stinks.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The engine has been in it's fully optimized state since multiplayer beta. The only thing left is driver updates to improve performance, which will definitely happen. Just look at games like Lost Planet.

12. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Its playable on medium settings on my system at 1680x1050 with 0 AA or AF... if you can call avg 50fps playable with constant dips into 20's

Well what can I say, it looks pretty crappy on medium settings compared to some other games like timeshift or COD4

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Runs great for me, 1280x1024, everything on high except Shader Quality, which ive got on Medium, as its the shader quality setting which kills it imo, once i knocked it down to medium from high i got a huge boost, when i tried knocking the other settings down though, they didn't seem to make a diff.

Thought it would have died when i got to that camp, but no, still ran great with all hell breaking loose.

:bigsmile:

14. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    The AI was great, and didn't slow down my comp. I think cloak was overpowered though.

15. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    yup that's it.

In DX9, I'm running 1920x1200 all high but shaders and it's running fairly good. :)
    But, (I think), it's a huge loss in quality, because turning shaders from high to medium is basically disabling HDR.

16. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    OK, quite frankly this is annoying me. MP Beta, I can activate 1920x1200 resolution. But in the SP demo, there is no choice to select 1920x1200. I even edited the .CFG to 1920x1200, but it reset to 1280x1024 when I booted up the game.
    Refuse to even play it below 1920x1200, as everything looks so blurry!

Any ideas?

17. vvv123

vvv123 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    Yep it ran very smooth on mine as well. I changed all the settings to medium. I also noticed a 4 sec lag during the video at the beginning but than it ran flawlessly. Very nice game! again, how can I check the fps I'm getting?

18. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Lol i am glad i have a small display :eek:ver:! i am able to play with everything on high at what i consider not a too shabby framerate (i think its probably loitering arount 25- i will fraps it tomorrow!

loved shooting bits on the jeep to see what happened- a long demo too - still not finished yet and i think relativity hard at medium

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Nah my cards ok, game plays sweet as when it's actually going.

I think in my case my 1 day old RAM doesn't like the timings I'm giving it.

But then a couple of people told me they had issues with Crysis crashing so who knows.

Anyway, FRAPS is prob the best proggy for measuring frame rates.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  20. Kuroudo Kaiseru

Kuroudo Kaiseru Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
    When I die and respawn .. the game hangs .. always same lol, does anyone else have this? I have to restart the game to play it again, everything works good .. just when I die and respawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.