Official Crysis demo thread- Launched October 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rifle_Grunt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I am happy with DX9 graphics . Maybe i will try something later on with DX10.
    Not worth imo.

BB gota play that demo.

2. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    anyone get 64bit to work, i get around 20-35fps 1920x1200 no aa everything on very high.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    ..... so you wouldn't mind downloading what could probably quite easily have been a 3-4GB demo?!?! if you ask me, that's crazy. and i REALLY can't see how you say it's "such a low quality demo". seems pretty freakin beautiful to me.... both Crysis AND UT3.

4. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    POV8800GT512MB/Dell U2410
    Well i dloaded Crysis demo in 1 hour while having lunch so I don't mind about the size, and I didn't mean to say UT3 demo is crappy, I simply said it's far from what is shown in the trailer, that's all

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i tried shadows on medium and it gives a decent boost in FPS, its playable on high tho so doesnt matter either way.

6. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    Well It runs reallly bad on my rig rofl, I suspect its because im still on a single core CPU.
    neat game otherwise, oh well.
    oh and it was the 64bit version and no problems there.

7. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
    Woohooo! Downloading it with this very slow internet here was a pain but it was worth every second! It's great! Of course graphics could be better than with my rig but it surely is playable with all set to normal on 1440x900. (I need to set it all on high and watch the nice slideshow later :D)

The AI is nice I think. Played on normal this time and had no big problems. But since there are still two harder modes there's a good range from really easy to really hard.

But it wasn't the graphics nor the AI that I found most amazing. It was the gameplay! Those suit modes are a great idea. Got used to switching them in two or three minutes and used them all the time.

Oh I have to play it once more :D

8. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I think this willbe one of the only demo's i would have played more than once than f.e.a.r when that came out.I wasnt expecting much gameplay wise but the suit which people thought could have been a gimmick has proven to be one of the best bits of the game.

9. Retrolock

Retrolock Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I'm really impressed with the demo, 1440x900 no aa all high here except for medium processing 20-35fps. I overclocked my card to 621/936 though. The demo was way too short and I'm gonna buy this freaking game nuff said.

10. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    I get 5fps everything on high at 1024x768 :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007

11. Retrolock

Retrolock Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    [​IMG]

Hey, this shot matches my avatar lol. You can see the no AA coz of the jaggies on the post hehe.. Oh well..

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  13. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Way too short? This is not only one of the longest demos in recent years but also the most impressive and replayable. This game will pwn.

14. Kuroudo Kaiseru

Kuroudo Kaiseru Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
    Getting tired of this driver stopped responding error lol, it was ok first but now every time I try to start crysis n play it, I get this .. zz

15. vvv123

vvv123 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT XXX
    AWESOME! downloading now from file front at 700/kbps! Will have it in approximately 46min XD!

How does it run on the 7600gt? Has anyone tried it with the same card? And if it ran well, which driver version are you using?

I'm on xp with drivers 163.44

16. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
    I tried all on high now but it's not good. While shooting I get 8-15 fps and I better not speak about granades :D
    Well it isn't so much a difference between medium and high in my opinion...

Btw: My shadow is a bit slow - when beginning to crouch with my shadow in front of me I can see it duck with a little latency let's say half a second or so. Do you have this too or is it my slow machine that's mucking me? Looks really alien :p

17. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Is anyone else thinking the same thing I am?

I see the same problems the beta had, people with almost the same computer specs get such different performance results.

I can't run anything past medium settings or I get 10 frames. Yet some guy with a 7900gt can run it on high with 25+ frames.

Seriously, what the hell is going on, this same problem is in the beta.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    And they even included sanbox editor with it!

19. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Well I cant even get the download for the SP to work. Every time I install it says something is corrupt

20. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    and it's very cool program, just set config spec to sketch mode and u get 200fps ingame easily :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.