Official CFB 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sava700, May 5, 2010.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    You really think that although each team has paid people to run around and help these players understand NCAA rules each day, required meetings on NCAA rules have to be held and at a book that each one gets not to mention paperwork that must be signed by each player that they fully understand and know the rules regardless of what they are, that they didn't know what they were doing was wrong??? I'm sorry but that's not correct. I know first hand by many players currently doing different sports that the rules are the same.

Rules are Rules... team or NCAA and to hold back punishment till next season was just so stupid and got so much fire from people that Tressel had to step up and make these guys promise they would be back next year if they got to play the bowl game just to make some happy. I'll be really surprised if all come back to take their punishment.. Hell what idiot in his right mind wouldn't say yeah I'll come back just so they could play perhaps the biggest game in their college career would be even more stupid than breaking the rules they did to start with.

As I said.. congrats to the team for the win but its a tainted win no matter how you look at it and they have lost what respect to the program I even had.

2. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    The bottom line is ignorance is no excuse...if I do 60mph down a road and a cop pulls me over because the speed limit is 45mph there I still get a ticket. Do you really the believe OSU didn't tell those kids that selling those items were against NCAA rules?I don't....Each school has a compliance department to make sure the players DO follow the rules. Heck if I were an OSU fan I'd just brag that OSU is untouchable. I doubt the NCAA would've punished USC except they threw it in their faces by hiring Kiffin.