Official Catalyst 7.10 ready .....

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by honestjohn, Oct 11, 2007.

1. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    The Catalyst team has been hard at work to bring you some very significant performance gains in a number of games (details listed below), so be sure to install Catalyst 7.10!

Highlights of the Catalyst 7.10 release include:

Performance improvements

• BioShock DirectX 10performance improves at least 70% on Crossfire configurations on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series
    • World in Conflict DirectX 10 performance improves 14-67% on Crossfire configurations and single card performance improves by 20% or more using the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series
    • World in Conflict DirectX 9performance improves at least 70% on Crossfire configurations on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series
    • Lost Planet DirectX 10performance improves at least 20% on Crossfire configurations on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series
    • Call of Juarez DirectX 10 performance improves up to 42% on Crossfire configurations and single card performance improves up to 34% on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series
    • Company of Heroes DirectX 10 performance improves up to 80% on Crossfire configurations on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series and single card performance improves as much as 31% on the ATI Radeon HD 2900 Series and ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series
    • Battlefield 2142 performance improves 5-23% on Crossfire configurations using the ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series and the ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
    • Call of Duty 2 performance improves up to 6.7% on both single card and Crossfire configurations using the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series and the ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
    • Enemy Territory: Quake Wars performance improves on Crossfire configurations as much as 23% on the ATI Radeon X1000 Series and single card performance improves as much as 23% on both the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series and ATI Radeon X1000 Series
    • FEAR performance improves as much as 16% on Crossfire configurations using the ATI Radeon X1950 XTX, ATI Radeon X1650 XT, ATI Radeon HD2400 Series and the ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
    • Supreme Commander performance improves on Crossfire configurations up to 30% on the entire ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series and ATI Radeon X1000 Series. Crossfire configurations using the ATI Radeon X1650 and ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 see even greater improvements of 82% or more.
    New features

Adaptive Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products

• This release of Catalyst™ introduces Adaptive Anti-Aliasing support for the ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products. Adaptive Anti-Aliasing substantially improves image quality by anti-aliasing transparent textures.

Software Crossfire support for the ATI Radeon HD 2600 and ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series

• This release of Catalyst™ introduces software Crossfire support for the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Series and ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series.
    Download :

2. asantissp

asantissp Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro
    Washed colors!

Oh my.. have just installed it here and Vista desktop returned me with a washed color view... Any ideas? Oh, btw, my card is a HD2600 series...

3. arfster

arfster Member

Go to CCC, color, change to MCE colours.

Did a few tests with these. They've now broken MPEG2 HD acceleration completely - it was only partially broken before.

Still no fix for forced HD levels expansion either. I only reported that 3 months ago.

4. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    I saw no improvement in performance in my games, and IQ stayed the same. My AM3 score went down though.

5. asantissp

asantissp Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro
    Thanks! Now it´s working great!:approval:

6. glenboy

glenboy Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    slight boost in 3dmark01 especially nature score [​IMG] for these drivers

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sold
  8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Anyone that has Crossfire having success with these for Quakewars?

I'm getting blue corruption noise in Crossfire with two X1950XTX's as well as flickering on off vehicles/players and certain buildings. This was suppose to be fixed!

Can anyone confirm this? the corruption is more annoying with Quakewars which is not much help when the majority of time the players etc are invisible with a slight fast shimmer during ETQW gameplay. Blue horizontal corruption interferance lines like you get on a TV in certain places that show at random on the screen. The flickering of players etc bring on the noise which is also causing it to kill performance.

Also when Crossfire is enabled the load times are hugely increased in Quakewars, once you're in game it becomes a slide show. After 10 seconds or so the performance is back. In single card mode the map load times are fast plus no other problems. This is with the old Crossfire dongle setup.

Can anyone confirm these problems with X19xx as well as 29xx?

[​IMG]

Invisible vehicle(s) (Quad) and building(s).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  9. jhumur

jhumur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 8 GB
    I just installed the drivers on my laptop (Mobility X1700), and ended up with washed-out colors. But CCC for some reason didn''t get installed. Does this have something to do with the fact that I had to use Mobility Modder to install the drivers? Is there a way to install CCC separately now? Or, any other fix?

10. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    Ahaha, does this seriously matter to you?

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    any improvements in x1950xt since the beta.?

on xp :)

12. glenboy

glenboy Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5850's for now
    yes it does thanks for asking

13. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    tomgreen321 has been owned!

but seriously ,having 2x HD2900XT and still using 3Dmark01?

14. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
  15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    No kidding. Every month I wait and hope my problems have been sorted and they get worse!

Here's another one:

Also why when a game crashes if the game uses say 1680x1050, and your desktop resolution is 1920x1200. If the game crashes like TF2 when Crossfire is enabled, the desktop is stuck at 1680x1050. This still happens when Crossfire is not set. This also happens with NFS: Most Wanted.

Even though *Apply the new display settings without restarting* is checked. Trying to switch back to the native desktop display resolution, the ATI drivers ask for a system reboot for the settings to take effect!

That's seriously messed ATI!

Do you not know how bloody annoying that is, god forbid should a game crash and I have to reboot to get my native resolution back. Come on!

This is with XP, don't get me started with Vista!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007

16. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i have yet to get my ingame settings to apply like aa
    af seems to work but never aa
    my frames drop but i just do not see it
    all i see is jaggies
    even with the edge detect 24x crap
    i get like high 100's in guildwars with no aa enabled and no ccc
    i put edge detect and ccc on and see jaggies but only get 78 to 80 fps
    that is screwed
    not to mebntion my issues with steam right now
    i am really pissed

17. Schepsel

Schepsel Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX VEGA 64
    So this driver is suppost to give an 30% performance increase in ETQW? For me it only went worse... stuttering and short freezes...
    Going to driver clean and try installing again.... Grrr

18. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    These dont really work at all with my 9800pro. Apps can no longer create D3D windows and dxdiag D3D tests fail to init.

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    well these drivers work great whith mine x1950xt,boshock load normally no texture "late in game load",world in confict is running preety smoouth on high settings 1280/1024,

37 fps avg
    22 fps min
    70 fps max (vsync on)

20. Undercova

Undercova Master Guru

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Off to test these with QW.