Official Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Syranetic, Jul 1, 2009.

1. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980TI Classified
    Game crashes on me every 5~10 minutes or so, kind of annoying. Updated directx and updated nvidia drivers. Even updated my soundcard drivers.

Can't really find the problem, the sound plays on but the image just freezes.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    temps?, they were pretty high on this game from what my GPU is used to

3. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    i see everyone talking about 60fps etc, but i'm only getting around 30fps with this game vsync on, it never feels smooth. any setting i have to change. i'm using the latest ati drivers and does not have any problems with any other games. resolution is 1920x1200 everything on max, 4870x2 4ghz E8400

4. jeryslo

jeryslo Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    Do I have to play the first part to understand the story or is it completely on it's own?

5. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    The temps on my 8800GT reach 75 in this game, which is even higher than the 72 it reached on Crysis, but that may be a margin of error (or a dust filled fan, although unlikely as I cleaned out the PC a week ago)

@EduardMC: maybe the game doesn't like crossfire. Try running it without it.
    You probably won't notice any negative speed difference anyway (as I get a constant 60fps with the much slower 8800GT @1680x1050, max details)

The story stands on itself, but it's nice to see how the situation in CoJ came to be.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood is actually a prequel to the first game so ideally you're better off playing the sequel first then the first game if you want to experience the story in chronological order.

7. themailman05

themailman05 New Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon HD4830 512mb
    fragments?

Hey, I'm new to this forum, and I have a problem with this game. I am getting these weird fragments and rendering errors in a few of my games, especially CoJ, that makes them unplayable. I have no idea what is causing them. Ive been playing around with my vidcard settings in CCC, and have tweaked all of the settings on CoJ, but these weird triangle geometry thingies keep appearing and covering the whole screen. help!?

8. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    funny how you can ride a horse while using two guns.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah tahst lame..but FUN lol :p

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    [​IMG]

i still get this...could i have got some kind of fecked up download from steam? tried with a 295 and now a 285..on 186.24 atm.

guess ill have to try 185.85..

am stumped tried 3 drivers now...how can this be? purchased game..re-installed 3 times now..

my monitor? bad digital download?

guess i have to wait for steam now.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009

11. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Welcome to the Guru3d mate! What are your temps while playing games?

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i want to ask a SUPER AWESOME question..u guys know TOY with those files of game to get interesting results.. can somebody find a wayt to HACK game and get THIRDPERSON CAM view? if this happen, i will call it MEGA SUPER..lol :D

13. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980TI Classified
    Temp are around ~60/66 c. I already suspected that to be the problem so I even cleaned out my pc but that wasn't the problem. Haven't checked the ram, but I doubt it's that because crysis and crysis warhead run just fine. Processor temps never go above ~57c sooooo..... Can't really see what the problem could be. I don't get any artifacts or an error message. The screen just locks up but the sounds and the music etc keep playing. I have to close the game via the task manager.

Hope someone will provide a solution^^ or hope they'll release a patch soon.

14. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Is my sound messed up or is the sound quality of the game fairly low?

15. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I think I found the real live counterpart to Ray: Sean Bean
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    And what about the truly laughable animation as you mount and dismount the horse with you head remaining resolutely facing the same direction. It could and should have been so much better IMO. Even riding the horse feels totally wrong and unnatural. It doesn't ruin the game but it does distract slightly from the authentic feel.

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    im now playing CoJ1 (i stopped playing after a few hours last time) and in dx10 mode it works worse than CoJ2 (less fps) but well 11, its nice anyways, and the history is after coj2 :p.

18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    *Spoiler*

I think one cool thing I noticed was the whole story about the Apache Chief Running River. In the original Call of Juarez you play as Billy Candle and meet Calm Water, an old apache who teaches you how to use the bow and the ways of the hunt.

In bound in Blood you know him as Running Water, and after his son dies he renames himself to Calm Water.

Just thought it was interesting to see the whole backstory from a NPC I remember in the first game. :)

19. 3Dghost

3Dghost Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    sorry this game is cutscene after cutscene and another cutscene mixed with heavy scripting. I had to stop at second chapter, does it get better? any freedom at all? COD taking place 150 years ago. Nice for western fans. I need some freedom..............

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Chapters 6 and 8 are the only levels so far that have any freedom at all as they allow you to pick any of three quests to do in any order you want before the story moves on after talking to the other brother. There may be others too but I'm only on Chapter 8.

It's the great story and cutscenes plus decent voice-acting that lift this game above other FPSs IMO and keeps me playing. That said, many of the levels are overly linear and the game almost plays like one of those light-gun games such as Virtua Cop or House of the Dead at times. You can move around of your own free-will but the way the game has been designed for the most part means that it might as well have been on-rails really.