Official Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Syranetic, Jul 1, 2009.

1. galaxy0236

galaxy0236 New Member

GPU:
    Asus ATI HD4850
    Darren Hodgson, thanks man, i can play the game now! that was such a simple solution, but kinda out of nowhere that unicode setting would interfere with the game. wonder how ppl find out the solution lol. this forum rocks.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Umm, as u already know iam the biggest noob in the history; let me tell u in simple way because i dont PUT myself into game so much so i dont rmemebr names etc.

several maps, several gamemodes like, protect VIP style or Kill the VIP, destroy bank etc, those r dynamic.. randomly mostly. and last night there was no DEDICATED servers..but will arrive soon i presume..poeple talk aobut that on steam forums of COJ.

dynamic COVER system is a bit annoying at start but then u get used to and make it perfect!

i loved HITBOX. i mean not annoying..u shootwhere u want to

and u can even be a ..how u call, NATIVE? crossbow and arrow imoa..and there is UPGRADES..while u play, frag and earn money and use them to buy upgrades..but still didnt figure our if those upgrades r temp, or perm.

but still not sure if it worths 49.99 :S
    ..i want to buy ARMA 2 too..i wonder its multiplayer.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    arma 2 would be the better choice imo, just the open ended nature of arma and all the different weapons, vehicles, objectives, and pretty sure it has multiplayer. i really want to pick up arma 2 at some point.

this game is pretty good great story but it is on rails, or lest it feels like it is on rails your always being herded through the game by your objective with only a few breaks early on to mid way through where you can explore and do side missions solo.

4. ClitYeastwood

ClitYeastwood New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Ed.
    Hey Black Ice! I was wondering if you've been playing with the other .scr files to edit the graphics in thsi game. Right now I'm looking into changing the FOV to something more subtle and also eliminate the bloom/blurring, but keeping depth of field and HDR lighting. So far, no luck. Any ideas what settings or files might change FOV or bloom??

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    well i havent played a lot, watch at my errors thx jonas ^^. (anyways changing FSAA from 8 to 3, made no difference on FPS, idk if its not working, or both work as 8x, also setting up 8x in CCC also gives same fps so idk xD).

I alrdy finished the game and i've to say its awesome.

Clit, you have everything commented in the .scr files i think (just rename to .txt), but i didnt play with any other scr :p.

If the game gets the value back, just set the file read-only it makes nothing for the shader but well, maybe some1 needs it xP.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Thats great, more maps is always funsies. But what we really need are dedicated servers!!! :banana:

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I was playing around with how to get this game's framerate to drop below 60 fps (yeah, I'm weird) and tried the nHancer S.T.A.L.K.E.R. AA compatibility tip mentioned ealier. Sure enough 4X and especially 8X causes a substantial drop in the framerate to 30-45 fps, which actually feels slow after the flawless 60 fps I've been experiencing up to that point. 2X AA works fine though giving some nicer edges and I can still force Amibient Occlusion on via the game's control panel profile and it runs at 60 fps in-game, only dropping to 50 fps during some of the cutscenes like the superb one that open ups Chapter V (the one used in one of the trailers).

Loving Chapter VI so far, the switch to an open world shooter with optional missions makes me wish the entire game had been designed that way as it the freedom is so welcome after the almost on-rails feel on the first five chapters. Alas this openness shows off all the engine's flaws with lots of very noticeable pop up and draw-in whilst riding around on horseback. I really wish we could tweak the PC version's draw distance beyond what the consoles can manage. Grass and bushes appear only metres in front of you and rocks have few LOD changes so you can see the landscape morphing as you approach it. I guess this is why the engine runs so well at the moment.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Did you try and change

FXFadeLevel(0) when i used all to high etc.. it was still set to 2. (-1) makes it stutter :D

Im not at the 4th chapter yet, but when i walked trough the forest i noticed maybe a little less pop ups..

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's the open desert locations which have the odd cacti and very few trees where the pop up becomes very noticeable. It's not a game killer by any means but it's frustrating to not be able to trade some performance for better eye candy and a longer draw distance.

I have FXFadeLevel() set to 0, yes.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    multiplayer is DMAN FUN..but getting annoying too..becasue still no dedicated servers + i keep getting connection problem today.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone know what the Curves() command is for in the Videos.scr setting file? Is it for setting the roundness of wheels and other circular objects?

13. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I just finished the game. Quite excellent in my opinion. according to the in-game stats, it took me 6 hours, 59 minutes , & 32 seconds...lol. I do hope they release additional missions/content as one of the menu options alludes to it.
    I am going to replay the original Call of Juarez, now:)
    On a side note, Techland is working on/just found a publisher for a Zombie Survival game called Dead Island, using the same Chrome 4 Engine. W00t!

14. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    I've tried to rename the video and audio file to .ini, but still can't open them ???

No right click menu to "Open With" either.

On Vista x64 - and it keeps saying it's "Not a valid Win32 program" ?

15. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    970GTX
    try with .txt :p

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Open notepad and drag the file into it, should work just fine. :)

EDIT: As for the previous posts about AA it's possible that values above 3 (4 or 8 for example) are just seen as the highest possible (3 judging by the first game which is 8x MSAA)

However it could also be a legacy setting from the first CoJ game (Chrome Engine 3 or so) and not really working at all judging by the post about forcing AA (ATI seeing no difference and NVIDIA with a bit of profile work via a third party utility noticing quite the performance hit.)

17. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    That did the trick :D

Big thanks ! :)

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    anyone is NOOB as me in DUELS in singleplayer game? i never pass them in the first time, or secodn or third..mouse is SLOW or what? this is annoying..what is the trick?i just cant GET MY GUN in speed..what ever i KEEP MY HAND NEXT TO MY GUN, picking it up is always SLOW.

19. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I change the dpi on my mouse to the highest for the duals. Also, I make sure I keep my opponent about 2 men to the right of me at all times.

20. Black_ice_Spain

GPU:
    970GTX

you need to keep the enemy in exactly the same position you start the duel

i mean, if neither you or your enemy moves, you only have to put the hand near your gun and shoot. you'll win.

Aka always keep your enemy EXACTLY in the middle of the screen right border and your body.

Also... first press shoot once, then wait 1sec, dont shoot inmediatly bcs u'll shoot between his legs, wait 1seg so you shoot at his body.

Position is everything, when in wrong position my guy wont even pick his weapon xD