Official Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Syranetic, Jul 1, 2009.

1. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I am running mine at 1920*1200 & have everything maxed out, shadow resolution at 2048, 8x csaa & it never dips below 60fps with vsync on.

2. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    This game is alot more fun than I expected the enviorments are very well done am definitely gonna go thru this game more than once.

The chrome engine 4 runs beautifully I hope they use it on more pc games I have the settings maxed with forced 4x anti 16x anistropic getting 60fps vsync enabled on a 32" hdtv 1280x720 res limit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The game definitely looks a lot more detailed and sharper looking than the Xbox 360 "First Ten Minutes Gameplay" footage I've just been watching over on Gamersyde. Can't wait to play it but it looks like I might have to as Amazon posted it too late for it to arrive tomorrow.

Judging by people's comments so far it sounds like this game has been extremely well optimised for the PC unlike trash such as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen! /spits

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

5. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Thats awesome! Yay for no crosshair! :D

The game is great though, and the multiplayer is actually really fun...I just hope more servers are up soon. Maybe Techland should release the dedicated server files.

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    game does look class id love it if they would do like an rpg western or MMORPG western game

why hasnt this happened yet :D it would be AWESOME

WOW but western style!!

ride horseback, shootouts, be a bank dealer, escourt goods across states as a job, be an outlaw and raid the coaches... buy property

7. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    I still wish they would add scenario modes to this game like a bank robbery on a moving train with one team on horseback.

That would be seriously badass.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    hahaha for some reason one of the characters in COJBIB reminds me of the actor Ed O'Ross from the movie RED HEAT with arnold Shwarzenegger. :D

[​IMG]

9. ClitYeastwood

ClitYeastwood New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Ed.
    Hey Jonas, much thanks for the most helpful input!! I'm interested in two things, mainly, and was wondering if you - OR anyone else here - would know about it. Those two things are: change FOV and eliminate Bloom effects.

I've looked under Data0.pak and found a few entries for "DefaultFOV", under "ChromEditOptions." I edited the default value of 57 (which is REALLY too low and makes things appear more up-close and uncomfortable), to 80 and didn't appear to do anything. Is there a way to make this work? Or perhaps the FOV option needs to be changed in another file?

Also, for the bloom effect, the only way I've noticed to eliminate it is if I change "Post Process" to "Simple" in the Dev Menu. However, when doing this, it also completely kills off the HDR lighting at the same time. If possible, I'd prefer to keep the HDR lighting, but simply eliminate all the nauseating blurring crap.

So to recap: Is a FOV change possible; and can you rid of the bloom effects while maintaining the HDR lighting? In the meantime, I'll keep fiddling around unless someone beats me to it!

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    that NO CROSSHAIR looks interesting...

To white;

Man i still didnt play the game lol...didnt even sit infront of PC last night so still cant comment on game bro...Take care :)

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Dunno whether you own an Xbox 360 or PS3 but Rockstar are making Red Dead Redemption for the consoles which looks to be a western-style GTA. Looks absolutely excellent from what little I've seen of it and it's bound to have the usual high-quality story, cutscenes and voice acting that comes as standard with a Rockstar game. While not quite an RPG, it is I believe a sandbox-type game. Imagine GUN, only much, much better.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    It is the same voice actor, Marc Alaimo, who is known for his role as Gul Dukat, in Star Trek DS9.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    hehe dont worry, keep us updated whenever u have the time :thumbup:

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Hi guys, does someone know how to improve the lod distance of the objects?? Sometimes the pop-up of these is quite noticeable...

15. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

maybe i should cave in and buy a 360 and watercool it

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Hey, my copy of the game DID arrive this morning after all despite Amazon not sending it while 7:45 last night. Shame it came too late for me to try it before work though... I've feeling today is going to really, reall drag now. Roll on 5pm!

17. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Excellent! I really really enjoy this game, its such a nice change of pace from other spray and pray multiplayer! And the singleplayer is fantastic. We should all get a server going so we can have gunfights. :D

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, I can see stuff like plants pop-up just a few feet infront of me 0_o

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    Exactly... Especially when you find yourself in open spaces riding a horse: rocks, plants, grass... They almost appear in front of the character.
    Horrible. :puke2:

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    [​IMG]

eh? get this when the game loads up. menu screen. (on a 295 latest whqls).