Official Broadwell-E Owner's thread

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by holystarlight, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

1.5 v is the default amount the ASUS Dual Intelligent Processor 5 sets up with its testing for maximum stable OC. This is obviously tuned to your cooling setup and tested for stability in its own automated 5 way optimization tune. It startes from an optimal ratio, 4.0ghz OC and increases voltage and clock stability while during the test stressing memory, and showing actual Intel® Core™ i7 processor DTS Thermal Specifications while tweaking, so you can stop anytime you want. Obviously, with my max cpu temp getting 60C with the voltage and OC, during 1 min intervals of test, I found that 1.5v was what the software setup as my max stable OC. And it is, I am also able to manually OC the coache to 3500mhz from the 2800mhz standard speed with 1.295v to the cache. All of this passes any test I have thrown at it successfully. If my temps were above 65C for long periods of time, I also setup a thriottle which downclocks the OC to 43xclock @ 1.32v until temps get to 50C, at which the OC may resume. So yes I did change from OCing the FSB to just the standard all core clock cycle OC 45 x 100mhz fsb. But it is far more stable and easier to tweak. Like for example my normal temps where I live are in the 60sF. But when it got hot outside, I just turn down the voltage and clock and I still maintain stability and good performance.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Still.. Lower it, 1.5v is OVERKILL and will degrade the chip on air or water really fast.

Try 1.35v if its ok..

3. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

I think I tried at 1.4v and was not stable. I suppose I'll try and find stability with lower voltages, but I'm pretty sure 1.35v is stable with 43xclock only.. Also mind you its actually 1.475v with a .025 offset voltage that brings it to 1.5volts when needed.

EDIT: So I tried 1.42 plus my offset and so far passed this bench (timespy) with my highest actual cpu score, but disappointingly, even with the same memory speed and slightly higher gpu speed, cannot match my highest gpu score I previously held at a lower clock speed that probably held that temperature low enough to continuously maintain the higher clock. I'll continue to test this lower voltage for stability with other stress tests and benches, but if anyone ever knows a way to eradicate Nvidia boost 3.0 I'd be extremely grateful.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/419746/spy/517976#

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I would agree with TJ,you are running too much on 6800k for such speed,I'm running 1.31v for 4.6GHz and 4.7Ghz tried just for fun and been stable at 1.365v

Yours temps are during the Prime and other benches? Not just gaming

My temps during the gaming are on PKG at 50-55C,I never looking at core temps,you too shouldn't look on core temps

On newer chips you shouldn't run such high voltage if yes then for short period of time and mainly people ho went with BW-E looks like they struggling like you,running lower vCore and reasonable speed,on earlier HW-E seems this much easier

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

5. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

1.425v is the only stable voltage (including offset) for my cpus OC with stability in Prime which gets the CPU temp up to 68C, with the throttle removed. a half volt more IMO is not significant enough to damage the processor immediately, although it may very well diminish the life expectancy of it. A $400 processor that lasts 2-3 years is fine with me as far as replacing it and it's value for performance/$ is concerned. Thanks for the tips tho, obviously if the chip could run more stable at lower volts I would do that, but my performance, temperatures and stability satisfies my comfort level for what I bought the cpu for. Anything less than 4.5 ghz on OC would warrant a return of the chip to try another. AFAIK 4.6 and 4.7 ghz at such lower voltages is pretty much unheard of for 6800k on water cooling so you should consider yourself lucky. If that was my cpu I would push it to its extreme limit and see where it goes.

6. jammy23

jammy23 Guest

GPU:
    2 X R9 280 OC Windforce
    I am very happy of my 6800K.
    At 4.3GHz, i only need 1.28V
    and at 4.4GHZ 1.34V.

I am really surprised with the cpu temp. Under load at 4.4GHZ the cpu reach 62-64 Celcius. I am using a h110i gt.

On idle the temp are very low. 21-25 celcius during summer !

7. jammy23

jammy23 Guest

GPU:
    2 X R9 280 OC Windforce
    I had the H80igt and its really a decent AIO! I have used on my 2500K@5.0 GHZ!

8. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Late to join the party..Hope it Overclocks well like my trusty 5960X..:D

[​IMG]

9. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  10. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Thanks Holy. Got an average Chip. Due to my Ram running 3000 i had to run it with 125 strap.

After Testing for 4 days here's my OC.

4.250ghz @ 1.228v, uncore 3.750
    4.375ghz @ 1.285v, uncore 3.750
    4.5ghz @ 1.36v, uncore 3.750

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Just ordered the parts for my new build, so i'll be part of the Broadwell-E club soon :)

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sorry to rez this here but did everybody get their mainboard updates? Running the Asus R5E USB3.1 I'm still waiting although they released an update for the X99 Strix and the R5E 10 (aka RGB galore board) ... wth?

13. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    4400 Mhz at 1.34V HT diasbled.scoring 14365 at 3dmark fire extreme default physics