official beta 81.87

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GaryX, Oct 27, 2005.

1. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    I've got dutch version XP so i cant instal this patch :( wrong language !

2. shiznit

shiznit Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 756/1836/950
    that's really too bad, because this fix is a godsend, all my stuttering problems are now gone, and with the multithreaded nvidia 81.85 drivers task manager now shows both cores being utilized over 50% during games. did you install the AMD dual core driver? some people have reported that it also fixed problems. also, disable cool and quiet if you already haven't done so.

3. Staus1

Staus1 Member

GPU:
    2 x Leadtek 7800 GTX in SLI
    Hmm i would like a Danish version of that Dual Core hotfix ? Cant seem to find it anywhere :-(. Cant install the English version.

Staus

4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    That's why i'm using only using English versions. ;)
    I hate foreign languages within the "PC World". :p

I rather see the word "Delete" than the Dutch translation "Verwijderen" or "Wissen". :puke:

5. McGeyser

McGeyser Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GTX 83.91 64-bit
    x64 does not have the hotfix for Dual Core yet. I will never enable cool N quiet either, as I am OC'ng and that defeats the purpose completely.

X2 owners, are any of you running x64 with 81.87? Can you get through 3DM05 and BF2 without crashing yet?

6. RTSAnime

RTSAnime Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800 GTX 256MB
    the hotfix does however fix issues even if you don't have C&C enabled. But I have not seen an X64 version of it. Have you tried searching MS's website for such a version.

7. provoko

provoko Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    So these drivers mention performance increase again in dual cores. Does that mean it's better than 81.85 with dual core?

Can anyone with Dual Cores comment on their FPS gain from 78.xx to 81.85 to 81.87? Thanks.

I think I'm gonna get an x2 3800 just for these drivers, haha.

8. McGeyser

McGeyser Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GTX 83.91 64-bit
    No x64 hotfix yet anywhere to be found

I picked up over 500 pts. with 81.84 and 3DMark03. 3DM05 kept crashing and so did BF2 for me with x64 and no hotfix. The times I played BF2 with 81.84 it was noticably smoother and solid 100fps at 16X12 high and 2XAA. 78.01 is very stable now but the FPS has fallen off a bit from 81.84. I haven't bothered trying .85 or .87 as they have the same X2 w/x64 crashing issue for me.

9. shiznit

shiznit Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 756/1836/950
    anyone have some numbers to show the difference in CoD2 between these and and the 81.85? i'm picking this game up soon, but since the 81.85 have been flawless for me so far i'm a little reluctant to update without a worthwhile benefit.

10. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Is the issue of getting a resolution bug when watching video overlay (e.g. windows media player) with Java/Azerues fixed?

Do the custom colour profiles save properly as part of a game profile and stay working even after a restart.

I refuse to "upgrade" my drivers anymore, until these 2 bugs are fixed.

11. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Run Great Keeper

12. Tyson123

Tyson123 Active Member

GPU:
    Aopen 6800GT@stock 81.95
    These are not too good for me little 6800GT (agp) and Quake4. 77.77 has better average fps while gaming. Too bad. These drivers are now just focusing on 7800/dual core/sli

Time to upgrade? :p

13. Mr.Athlon

Mr.Athlon Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce™ 6800 Ultra OC™
    So if i take all the posts and sum it up the bug in Guild Wars is still present??
    Can someone confirm that for me?
    I also disagree that its a 2nd party bug, im using the 78.01 series and there is no bug present.
    Im convinced its Nvidias trouble not the games.

14. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    NVIDIA Issues—Single GPU

Open Issues in Version 81.87:
    (...)
    • GeForce 6800 Ultra: Textures are corrupted upon the first time entering a zone in Guild Wars.

Why won't you read release notes ??? It's only 1,2 MB :rolleyes:.

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/81.87/81.87_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  15. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Unless someone confirms these double the performance in COD2 using DX9 they are not worth installing.

16. Syphon452

Syphon452 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 896
    These actually double the performance in COD2..
    I have dx9 installed but in the game options i had to select dx7 for it to get the fps to max out so ya might wanna select that when u first play it..Or maybe dx9 in ur options might work fine

17. Maurivillas

Maurivillas Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 Windforce 3x
    Well, I don't think they double performance in CoD². As far as I know, they are the very same drivers as 81.85, but with some improvements.
    I've seen a bench comparing the two drivers (81.85 and 81.87b) and the number didn't change much.

Maybe I'll give'em a try. Still don't know!!

Até ;)

18. tm101

tm101 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7800GT @ 473/1134
    Because of what? I am overclocking my 3000+ to 2650MHz with default multiplier of x9 with 1.55v. It's running smooth with C&Q enabled and keeps my CPU nicely cool at about 1500MHz with 1.26v when it's idling or under little load.

Sound to me like a good thing especially when you want to give your CPU some rest to cool down for a while. Should help the working horse to live a little bit longer and save quite some energy (plus decreasing the general drain on the motherboard and psu).

I can play BF2, Fear and such without any problems, and even IF I need to turn C&Q off I can easily do so during runtime by chosing the "Desktop" power/energy profile.

So what's the problem as long as you don't want to change the multiplier?

19. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    is it me or have these drivers got the temp bug , in fear with 81.85 the temp in fear on my system was 68c but with these drivers it is stuck at 54c

20. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    YAY good find..

i hope my monitor wont go screwy on me :)

im using 78.03 (segregated Modifiers)