Official ATI Catalyst 9.12 Released / Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by olapaulakoski, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    If performance is that much down for the 4800 series, I wonder how my 2600 XT will respond. I'll install the official set as it appears its unnecessary for x64 systems. I will bench with 3dmark06 and fraps before and after, Its more likely that performance will be different for all my games uniformly as I play more obscure ones. I suggest someone else bench for 5000 series using fraps to get a more accurate view of what's going on here.

2. Alkerion

Alkerion Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6970 DCII
    9.12+fix is working great on my rig, no artifacts and no side effects until now.

Hope the gray screen issue won't be back.....

Vantage now > 21'000, that's rather good :)

3. Swift-R

Swift-R Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix
    Anyone having problem with these and 9.11 on Flight Simulators (both 2004 and X)? Textures at far seems to have no AF, they are too much blurred!

4. Alkerion

Alkerion Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6970 DCII

5. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    Well, my frame rate on my games increased across the board by 8%, very nice job, AMD! Now, if I could avoid the issue with games forcing my refresh rate from 75Hz down to 60 without an external program...

6. ibitato

ibitato Guest

I think this has been covered, but I am going to ask to see if I get a fix......

With this new drivers; if I use 2 monitors, the main monitor (where I game) flickers like a biatch in 3D mode, while my secondary monitor (where I have riva statistics graphs running) it's ok.

If I disable 2d monitor everything goes ok again.

If I remember well, this is an issue that happens under crossfire and multi mionitor ?? .Unwinder solved somehow on MSI Afterburner I think ???

thanks for the replies.

7. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Run Regedit go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges and if the value is 1 change it to 0.

Can't guarantee this will do anything but it fixed my (different) refresh rate issues. (Crysis 24hz 1080p bug.)

8. epiquestions

epiquestions New Member

GPU:
    Powercolor/HD2600XT/512MB
    Problems with Win7 x64 and ati 6.12

I tried installing the 6.12 drivers and it crashes every now and then when I am watching vids in media player classic and when I am extracting files in winrar. It seems to lag when loading the icons for the folders and then the graphics driver crashes and recovers.

I also have tried it with win7 32bits still with the same results.

Will try to go back to the 6.11 drivers and see if this occurs again.

Does anyone encounter similar problems? No problems so far gaming wise.

Win7x64
    powercolor hd2600xt 512mb ddr2

9. HTN

HTN New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor 3850 AGP
    Hey everyone....I have a HD3850 AGP PowerColor graphic card and i want to know if i can use this driver.....do i need to remove the old one and install this one or just keep with the others drivers and install this...?

Best Regards,

HTN