*Official* 6600K & 6700K Owners Experience Thread

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Mr Terry Turnip, Aug 26, 2015.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Asus has been slacking as of late. I wonder what's going on over there.

2. phantasm

phantasm New Member

GPU:
    Waiting on AIB 1080s
    Took me a while to make the transition from a terrible 4770k experience (the pos IDLED in the high 40s and cruised towards 100C under load @ 4ghz ) to a 6700k and I words just can't describe how pleased I am with this new chip. 4.5ghz @1.3v was effortless and temps look infinitely better with the same AIO liquid cooler I used before. I see people posting 4.5ghz with lower voltages so I'll have to play with that tonight. I do a lot of streaming so the HT will come in handy but the biggest deciding factor was a video showing an OCd 6600k momentarily spike in performance in GTA V when a lot of things loaded at once while the 6700k breezed through it. That could be an indicator of future performance sooooo I bit the bullet :infinity:

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Any way to use realtek's audio drivers without installing Asus' branding? The latest driver listed on asus' support page + sonic suite caused timeouts and memory management bsod's. Only uninstalling/disabling sonic suite fixed it. I tried deleting the bloat from the installer but it simply failed when it couldn't detect the files. I could use the equalizer functions but don't want to deal with Asus' horrible software.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Just built myself a 6700k "retail" system. Very good. It's about twice as fast as my laptop i7 3920xm at stock. CSGO is playable on lowest settings @1920x1200. Impressed so far. My last desktop was an i5 750. Looking forward to dropping a gfx in etc.

5. Vic Viper

Vic Viper New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Got my 6700k rig up and running too after bricking G1.Sniper 2 with an bios flash so far liking the SSD 950 PRO NVMe speeds and got little speed on emulation too 2600k @ 4 Ghz --> 6700k @ stock will try overclocking later but pretty positive about the upgrade already.

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Hey guys, I need some info/help please.

Just having fun with a 6700K build and temps looks kinda high? Or I'm missing something here?

Especially for my loop since its cooling just the CPU? Did I mount the block incorrectly or something?

Btw NOT delidded and Summer is closing in here so high ambient temps. I think room temp is ~28'C.

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.6 Ghz cooled by an Alphacool Nexxos 480MM/D5 P/P.

Now running 4600MHz@1.32+0.01v Adaptive.

For 4700MHz I set 1.34+0.01v or +0.02v which temps go in the low 80's.(76-86'C irc) and voltage jumps to 1.37-1.38v when running x265 bench.

Small note: The x265 HWBot's bench raises my Vcore@1.358v(+0.03 over set voltage) of 1.328v compared to Cinebench.

And in XTU voltages fluctuate between 1.327v-1.366v

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Those temps look about right at that voltage.

The problem with thermal paste is its not able to transfer heat as good compared to solder, so water won't be able to conduct enough heat.

If you were to delid with liquid ultra you would drop temps easily by anywhere from 10-25c

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Had to enable MRC fastboot > enabled to stop the slow-boot times on Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.

Fix : In Bios -> DRAM Timings -> MRC Fastboot -> Set to Enabled

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Yeah, from looking around and also comparing XTY profiles submissions with similar clocks(some run 10-14'C above my temps) I would guess you are right.

Well since I can't delid it because its my back up rig until Sky-E or better and I would have to sell it in the future, 4.6GHz would have to do for the Summer period.

Thanks Agent.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Np.

Delid really is pretty easy, i have done 4 CPUs with a razor blade successfully, once you repaste it you just put a tab of hot glue around and its fine.
    I have sold a couple delided CPUs so don't think that's an issue either

11. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Y'all want to hear a funny story?

So, I just had one of them pebkac moments.. It's that time of the year again where i strip my computer down and blow out the case and cooler and do a fresh install of my OS. Well, after putting everything back together, my computer would not boot. It turned on, but all I got was a black screen on the monitor. So I re-seated the cpu, i made sure the cooler was on nice and tight and tried again. Nope. Nothing. For the life of me I could not figure out why this damn computer would not boot. At this point, I started sweating bullets because I just put this together and now I have to go explain to my wife what i did. Well come to find out, I never reinstalled the damn memory. :bonk:

If you ask how i did i forget to install the memory. Well, I got nothing for you. My wife asked the same thing and I just shrugged and went back in my office. It's been a long week. :D

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Hey, that is funny. It happens though. Who knows where your mind was at that moment. At the end you always fugure it out. :p

13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Haha, gives me some hope.

14. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Always using one of these when installing a new system. Saved me a lot of headaches. :D

[​IMG]

15. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I actually have one of those. :D

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Final got my new system to right after all these years. I got say I am impressed.
    system dont go past 60c under full load 100% in OCCTP test . and system is dead silent in side the r5.

performance wise main game I play swtor runs 2x better, and keep 60 fps for most part, except in situations were the engine sucking cant be fix by brute power ,before in wz i was hovering around 25fps if lucky. and Ops really were much better then 30fps before either now that is 60fps for most part too.

Skyrim, well I had save looking over whiterun at the skyforge that was 41 fps that is now 60 fps.

Cant say my game loading are any faster but i doubt it cause it still on 7+ years old HDD that barely hits 70mb/s hoping to replace that with 1tb wd black or maybe 1 tb ssd if prices drop alot more before i replace hdd.

my SSD now does 530mb read 330 write IOP are little 70k/18~26k better too. old system booted to desktop in about 30 second or 1min + if it randomly long boot time issue showed it face. This system boots in less then 15 seconds once the loading circle appears, or 40+ seconds if randomly long boot time issue shows it face. that is now 4 diffrent system with ssd i seen with different hw different software all have this windows 1151 bug were boot time are randomly long.

SSD is using MBR/NTFS currently I might Switch to GPT one day seeing i figure out how to make partitions manually so i dont have recovery partition and if let windows do all this is just creates it, but it not priority as I doubt it will fix the randomly long boot issue I have. maybe redstone build will fix that issue.

I need to look threw all spare parts for one them my mobo didnt come with one and dont have one built in

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  17. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Welcome to SkyLake club! :D

18. Salem13

Salem13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW DT
    Just joined club Skylake, loving it.

Was running an old but once awesome core2duo 8500 ddr2 rig, summer came and I hate AC blowing directly on me, moved a few things around and when just about done the blue smoke escaped my power supply.

Anyway, long story short it was time for a full new build.

about 1100$ later Skylake 6600k, Asus Z170 Pro Gamer, EVGA nVidia 960 FTW, 32gb XMS 2666 DDR4 and a 128gb SSD (1tb black for storage)

[​IMG]

Going to creeping up the bus speed next!

19. Salem13

Salem13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW DT
    Brilliant.

20. Salem13

Salem13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW DT
    104 is almost solid, 103 absolutely, was hoping for more.

Seems Bus OC's are a tough nut?