Official 2007 Crysis Club!!!!100% Solid Gaming:) Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WildStyle, Jul 18, 2007.

1. rouvio

rouvio Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Is it really necessary ?

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    The demo will be available for everyone. Maybe the subscribers will be able to download the demo a few hours early.

3. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    The humour in these CRYSIS threads just grows and grows.:)

4. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    i wonder how will it run in my pc :p

5. Frez0n

Frez0n Member

GPU:
    nVidia - MSI 8800GTS 640 MB
  6. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    some new info(i think) about crysis mp and dx9 vs dx10
    this is from incrysis.

Global Crysis Multiplayer Update

Greetings Community!

We would like to take the time and give you a global update on the multiplayer part of Crysis. Since last years’ Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig many things have been changed. Lots of content has been updated, the game play style of the remaining game modes has been modified and quite a few questions from the community are still left to be answered.

This note should give you a solid overview about the current status of our multiplayer and might even prepare you for the upcoming Crysis Beta.

The Expert’s Club

Crytek has set up an “Expert’s Club” to get the most possible feedback about Crysis multiplayer without having the necessity to start a beta. Over 20 hardcore and pro-gamers have been invited to Crytek’s office in Frankfurt once a week over a few months to play-test our multiplayer modes. Their direct feedback and the discussions with the developers after each match gave Crytek and EA an impression what aspects of the multiplayer part needed to be improved and adjusted.

Thanks to the guys from Qantm Institute in Munich, 360.eSports and all the other gamers that participated we were able to make a significant progress and deliver something very unique to the gaming community.

PowerStruggle

This game mode is all about team play and tactics. Capture factories and buildings to gain prestige points which can be spent on weaponry and vehicles. Fight together with your team mates on the server for the ultimate glory and victory which can be accomplished by destroying the enemy headquarter with endgame high-tech weaponry like tactical nukes or Alien technology. To access these endgame weapons you need to have the generator of the research facility loaded at 100% which can be achieved by capturing and holding several Alien crash sites.

PowerStruggle, our main multiplayer mode, has experienced the most dramatic changes since the Games Convention 2006 and the Community Summit in Spring 2007. Thanks to all the feedback from the community we have reworked the very complex mode and tried to make it as accessible as possible without removing the tactical depth.

To give you a small overview here are the most important changes:

* Captured Alien Crash sites automatically transfer energy to the captured Research Facility.
    * Energy only charges when the Research Facility and at least one Alien Crash site is captured by one team.
    * Overall two stages of charging the reactor are available. At 50% you have basic Alien technology available and at 100% you have the endgame technology available for your team.
    * The enemy HQ can be destroyed by TAC Gun, TAC Tank or Singularity Tank only.
    * Defensive Turrets do attack enemy infantry and vehicles but do not destroy shells of endgame weaponry anymore.
    * HUD has been completely re-designed for a much better overview.
    * Overall economy has been modified and improved to guarantee a constant game flow.
    * Camouflage Nanosuit mode has been replaced with the Alien cloak mode.

Instant Action

This game mode can be compared to classic death match in general. Due to the Nanosuit being available in multiplayer as well the player will experience a whole new variety of this mode. It is more dramatic, intense and includes a lot more action.

Actually Instant Action has not changed very much. The pace and the variety of how to play this mode are still granted by the Nanosuit functionality. Enough weaponry, attachments and equipment placed throughout the maps encourage players to experience different tactics. Small, medium and large map sizes allow multiplayer fun for each team size.

Team Action

After having the Expert’s Club and many internal sessions with TA we felt that this game mode is not as challenging as we wanted it to be. With the major focus on PowerStruggle we decided to better leave out Team Action since it could not compete in quality anymore. This may be disappointing for some of you, but we can ensure that with PowerStruggle and Instant Action we deliver two high quality multiplayer modes that support both small player numbers and huge battles.

DX9 vs. DX10 - The endless question

To shed some light into one of the most discussed topics regarding Crysis multiplayer I would like to explain you the differences between Crysis MP DX9 and DX10.

As for the DX9 version we won’t have physics and day and night cycle in-game. That means you won’t be able to shoot down trees and/or alter any other objects than vehicles on the map. Additionally the time of day setting doesn’t change dynamically. This is caused due to the tremendous server load such physics might cause on crowded gaming servers. Still you will be able to experience maps with different time of day settings since the maps can be altered in the Sandbox2 Editor.

Rather than providing the community partially working features we limit this for the DX10 version only. Due to the strong hardware available with DX10, server load is less and performance is increased. This ensures the pure physics and day and night cycle experience without any limitation.

Gamers with a DX10 card are able to play on DX9 servers, but with the limitation of the respective server. Vice versa it is not possible for gamers with DX9 cards to play on DX10 servers due to the limited features.

Conclusion

Features come and go - that’s the usual development of a game. With the cut of Team Action we can fully focus on two very strong and competitive game modes. We hope this note provides a good overview and prepares for the upcoming Crysis beta everyone is looking forward to!

7. carlo247

carlo247 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+ SLI
    well it seems, you won't be seeing me on Dx9 servers...

8. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    good info there.

9. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
  10. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    yes they took multi player way further than I thought they would :)

11. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    Got to agree with Xendance there, the movie don`t give you much impression of a multi player game. But as of X-spped69`s post it looks like the game has something good to offer. The PowerStruggle game mode is however not that much different from a team based ctf game. In my opinion a Ctf is ctf even if the flag is static or dynamic, a flag or a powercore. As the developers put it, the use of the nanosuite and added advanced weapons and vehicles will give the players an unique game experience. Well I am happy that they make these improvements, because it will improve the game to some point but only so far. They could have put auto aiming mini guns in the player`s butt, it would still not change the game play of this type of team based multi player game.

Most players play these games like a death match anyway, so the fact is that not much have changed the game play in these type of games since they first came. Like almost every Battlefield game or similar, if I decided to go on line without friends there was a 90 % chance I would end up in a solo-rampage-could-not-care-less-whats-going-on-around-me-as-long-as-I-get-my-frags. Even server demanding that you join a team or get kicked basically dint`t do more that putting player names in a box on your screen.
    People care **** for their team mates. Watch a battlefield team game start, people will kill their team mates for the biggest gun, burn of in a multi seated vehicles and leave their team mates in the dust. Now a littler later you will find the same players crying out about how the game sucks, "nothing new really and poor game play".

So I dare state in advance, I don`t think Crysis PowerStruggle game mode will be any different from what has been done before, other than improvements to look and feel of the world around you. Now of course thats because it has such poor game play .....:peeright: :peeright: :peeright:

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Foila, another Crysis BETA key give away. Now coming from World of Crysis!

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
  14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    kinda dissapointing dx9 wont have destructable environments, i dont understand how that effects the servers and dx10 doesnt.

not sure i like the idea of nanosuits for multiplayer, i dont see things like cloaking or speed being anything tactical, theres no thinking involved in that.

i'm curious as to how the foliage effects multiplayer, like what if i hide in some dense foilage and snipe? i'm wondering if i'm still somehow visible to other players...if not or if it makes visibility very difficult then i can see some problems there with people camping

all in all it seems like some unfair advantages for everyone at different times, basically i think there should be less respawning and with advantages like cloak just makes everyone have to respawn that much more...i'd like to see and emphasis on survival and team tactics since its more realistic and very rare for multiplay warfare games.
    theres nothing that causes worry or fear of dieing which in itself could be a huge adrenaline rush but if you can cload and take XX amount of hits before you die then many people just run out all hail of gunfire..too much like every other that way

15. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    But it's a korean mmorpg :D

17. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    So ? allot of them speak English, and if you have played MMORPG games you would know they eat any EU / American for breakfast. They know how to play them. Like there is a rule everyone need to play -EA- stamped games ??

18. MAD5

MAD5 Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    I hope the demo and the final release have an built in bench. Specially the final release, not like Lost Planet that you can test in the demo only, and has nothing to compare in performance with the final build, with patches, etc.

19. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Ok, as pointed out in another thread I gotta say that no matter what the outcome of this game, I must commend Crytek for being developers with balls.

They didn't sell out and start some bull**** multiplatform game which would suck equally on all platforms. They kept at it and developed a game ON the PC, for the PC.

**** every other developer who used to be straight up PC and sold out to console bull****. **** them in their stupid asses. Go Crytek, Epic, Blizzard, Valve and others who, despite the situation still have their ****ING ROOTS in PC gaming, and still release all the BEST LOOKING and BEST PLAYING games for PC. THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE.

20. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

i completely agree :approval: