Official 174.16 for XP 32, modded by me for all cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    thanks!

2. Wesley55

Wesley55 Member

Does this work good on the 8800 GTS 512 Guys As i am using 174.12_WinXP-32bit_PHK atm and i have overcloked my card too

GPU Clock: 811MHz (GPU Clock is in the Yellow)
    Memory: 1172MHz (Memory is in the Yellow)
    Shader: 2033MHz
    Fan Speed at 86%

Will i get anything better with this Drive?

3. mrgamer

mrgamer New Member

GPU:
    8800GT Albatron 512mb
    Just fyi, 174.12 vs 174.16 on a 8800GT 512mb + Q6600 (on P35 chipset)

winxp 32bit + crysis 32... difference is slight, but i don't like those drivers cause they have an ugly framedrop on big scenes

following gpu benchmark...

4. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    I agree with your observation of the framerate drops. These drivers have some impressive peaks but overall the framerate is the most unstable that I have tested as of late for Unreal Tournament 3. Here's a snip, but as always visit the site for the full table of stats including raw data.

Driver | Avg FPS | % above 30FPS
    174.17 | 63.63 | 86.45
    174.12 | 64.06 | 90.57
    169.39 | 62.67 | 89.15

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    English (US) version should work also, as i added the .inf for that version at the bottom of my openeing post, so theres now .inf's for both.:)

6. airborne33

airborne33 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb
    Hmmm...that's weird that you are having unstable fps :/

I can't say anything about UT3 since I don't play it anymore but for everything else the performance is great.

My minimum and average FPS in WiC has increased greatly. I can also enable V-Sync in CoD 4.

I know this is kind of a dumb question but did you by any chance test these with 1.2 patch for UT3 and the other ones with 1.1?

What I like about these drivers is that it was actually released by Nvidia and not leaked. Sure it wasn't supported by any other card except for the 9600 but they're dumb and always do that =.=

PS: Have you tested any of these drivers out with the maps that have portals in them (UT 3)? When I played on the maps that had portals in them my fps would drop substantially even when I wasn't looking at them.

PPS: Posting all those results on your website is very nice of you :) Gives you a good idea of each driver.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  7. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    so this drivers have framdroops??? hmm, i dont seem to see any in CoD4, Crysis, and CoH: OF

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  8. Alcom

Alcom Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5850 1gb
    If you visit my site you'll see that I only test on 3 different maps and none of them have portals. I do have drops on maps like DM-Deck but only if I fill the screen with the portal and even then I still get around 30fps. I know some people have it much worse.

I still only have the 1.1 patch for UT3. I'm having the most fun benchmarking the drivers and I don't want to skew my results by changing anything other than drivers for the time being. I'm trying to be scientific about the scoring by running 5 tests and trimming the mean values (the highest and lowest) on each map tested. Afterwards, I average the fps and % above 30fps.

I don't know what to say about COD4 and other games because I don't play anything else. Actually, I benchmark UT3 more than actually play it lately! I'm glad you find it interesting, airborne33. It's free information after all!

9. airborne33

airborne33 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb
    Yha it's good knowing how a driver performs on the games you play. Anyways everyone gets different results :p No machine is the same. For me these drivers are great plus it gives me a sense of security knowing that Nvidia put these on their site unlike all the leaked ones that never made it to the beta section. But Nvidia needs to pull their heads out of their you know what and support ALL their cards not just the ones they just released :bang: A .ini tweak is all that is needed but it is still annoying. You feel like Nvidia has abandoned your card.

10. airborne33

airborne33 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb
    It is different for everyone :) These drivers are also great for me.

11. Nano74

Nano74 Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX OC EDITION
    171.17 still better in gral by Alcon

12. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I suffered from a slight performance drop in UT3 with this drivers, so I went back to 171.23.

13. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    cos in CoD4 i got 10fps more now i can hit 100+fps in mp_strike before was 90+