Offical 9.6 Release

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Chris Chiu, Jun 15, 2009.

1. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    For the most part, I thought Crysis and Warhead were butter smooth before... I may have to re-install and play to see how they are now.

2. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    The scary part is that you are correct. That is probably the case for most of us on this forum..The crime is that its a true statement and that we are not ashamed to admit it.:nerd:

3. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2
    I have to download RivaTuner and use the D3DOverride tool to force v-sync on.

ATI Tray Tools will do it too, but that crashes a lot on Windows 7 x64 for me, so I had to stop using it.

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Sooo should I upgrade from the recent 9.6 beta to the official release?

5. EAK

EAK Master Guru

GPU:
    ZT-P10800H-10P
    I would just leave it. I didnt upgrade...i'll probly leave these in until 9.7 comes out.

6. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    I tried using D3DOverdrive but that resulted in 3 BSOD when forcing v-sync on .....
    ?

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    This has been broken for me for a while now. It never seems to keep a game locked at 60fps. Anyways I have yet to come across a game (other than Race Driver GRID) that stays at 60fps... there is always a sutter, or a slight pause here or there and the frame rate dips and hits 57/58 or 59fps I know this is nothing but it annoys the hell out of me. I just leave V sync off for most games as most of my games play over 100fps anyways. I prefer letting my graphics card do what it wants instead of capping it off.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    did you try to force it with the tool that comes with rivatuner ? in some games it works better for me.

9. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    my windows experience rating went down from 6.6/6.6 to 5.9/2.0???? after i have installed this ... i have no idea why the heck it happened... although i don't care about it but still...

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Works great, i only hate it that Crysis crashes when i try to run it in 64bit mode because of atixxd3d64something.dll. 32bit works fine though.

11. morfeus02

morfeus02 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    can't install drivers :\ i get a weird "cannot find inf file" error -.-"

wtf???

12. Rubenvb

Rubenvb Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 512MB
    Are you sure you're using the right version? (WinXP vs Vista/7 and x86 vs x64)

Try downloading the driver and CCC seperately, see if that works

13. morfeus02

morfeus02 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    found out it's a well known bug never fixed with ati drivers :\

i just had to boot in safe mode, force install the drivers and then install them again in normal mode....

hate these issues :biggun::biggun:

14. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I have a multi-monitor setup. Each time I upgrade the drivers they screw up the desktop resolution. Even the logon screen becomes very small after the first reboot. Once Vista has booted it usually goes back to normal. It's happening for years now and never thought that they will ever fix it.

Same thing happened in XP.

This time it seems they have fixed that. Not a biggy, but at least the icons on my desktop now stay in place. ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  15. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I am having Font problems in the flight sim Black Shark with Cat 9.6 and WinXP. These problems in Black Shark are in t he menu and mission editor. I did not have these problems with ATI Catalyst 9.3 in WinXP in Black Shark. Also, I am not having any problems in Black Shark with Windows 7 in Black Shark and Cat 9.6.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I actually know what you are talking about there. Although in a different situation. I uninstalled Cat 9.6 and used driver cleaner in Safe Mode. Then I used Registry Mechanic to remove all traces of the driver from the registry. Then I reinstalled the driver at desktop (driver does not install in safe mode for me). I haven't had a font problem since. Not sure why that happened.

17. Crickee

Crickee Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI
    Darn. Too bad ATI abandoned us old card users..

18. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I am trying to hold out until 9.7. if it were not so damned difficult and a crapshoot replacing Cat Drivers, I would just try the 9.7 RC but, maybe in 2 weeks it will be out.. until then I suppose I can live with Black Shark menu font problems. But, in IL-2 it is another story, really messed up graphics..

:3eyes:

btw, in Windows 7, the graphics seem to be fine, but for now I am only using WinXP. My dual boot is no longer being used, as I had a boot loader corruption problem happed recently, and since it was such a nightmare to fix, I am not going to risk going through that again..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    A. Try this:
    -Go to: X:\...\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI\ACE
    -delete all the .xml and .bin files (just place them into the trash can for now)

B. Go to:
    -C:\...\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI\ACE\PROFILES\
    -delete all saved profiles which are in .xml format

C. Now Go to Start, Programs, Catalyst Control Center and click on Restart Runtime.

D. Now go to Control Panel, Clear Type Tuning and re-adjust your Clear Type. (You May Still Need to Reboot your PC) That should work. If not then uninstall your drivers and repeat steps A. through D.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  20. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I installed ATI Radeon Catalyst 9.7 RC3 and it fixed my graphics problems that I had in both Black Shark and IL-2..
    :banana:

Cat 9.6 gave me too many problems..

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009