Off the wall

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by PvillePiper, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PvillePiper

PvillePiper New Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozer GTX260
    I know this is off the wall, but do any of the PCI video cards support PhysX and can they be used in tandem with a PCI Express card to reduce the workload of the GPU? I would be cool if it did for those of us who were not fore sighted enough to buy a motherboard that has 2 or more PCI Express slots.
    And please, be gentle with your flames... :rpg:

2. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980 Ti WF
    far as i no nope

3. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    PCI doesn't offer anywhere nearly as much bandwidth as PCIe. The performance improvement gained through a PCI-based secondary card would amount to almost nothing (when stacked up with your GTX 260), and probably would even decrease overall performance due to multi-GPU overhead. If you're looking for better performance in games, invest in a Yorkfield quad core.

4. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    820M/2GB
    The only way to run PhysX through PCI instead of PCI-e that I know of would be using one of the very first standalone (Ageia) PhysX PCI cards but they're not supported in Windows 7 and they're so old now that you'd have to be able to get one of them almost for free to make it worth.

5. methylbenzoate

methylbenzoate Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 550 Ti
    You can use a 9500GT, but because of the PCI narrow bandwidth and high cost of the PCI 9500GT, I'd upgrade other components instead.