Odd RTSS problem with KF2

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Tech Geek, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Tech Geek

Tech Geek New Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 980 OC
    I've had this issue now for awhile. I found that RTSS / Afterburner causes the game to crash at launch the first time I launch it. When I launch it a second time, it launches fine and the OSD comes up and works flawlessly.

I've tried delaying the OSD start up (45 seconds), but this doesn't seem to help. In fact delaying it was causing issues with COD IW.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I'm not sure if it's common with Unreal based games or not as I only have this one that I actively play.

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    I can confirm the same thing on 2 different systems.

In fact, steam overlay does not work either in this game with RTSS enabled.

If anyone doesn't know, KF2 is Killing Floor 2.

3. mtbiker033

mtbiker033 New Member

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    I used to have the same issue with KF2, never could get OSD to work with this game. It would blackscreen crash with sound everytime.

Since I just built new system and fresh win10 re-format it's somehow working fine. The only thing I can think of is I did use KF2 tweaker and used it to disable all intro screens, not sure if that helps or not but.

I installed 397.37 yesterday and started having trouble with OSD and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, same like I had with KF2 except it whitescreen crashes. I rolled back to last driver 391.35 and it's working fine again.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I just tested it and it starts fine with OSD enabled + steamoverlay. Its still running in the background atm.
    [​IMG]

Im at RS4 17134.1 and 397.40VK driver.