Odd problem with Nvidia control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBucket, Jan 31, 2011.

1. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte 7970 Crossfire
    Ever since installing new drivers past 260.99 I can't get anything to show up in my Nvidia control panel, it just looks like this.

[​IMG]

I even did driver sweeper 2.8.5 in safe mode before I installed them. If I go to the control panel to show what version of everything that is installed I get this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What could possibly be the problem. I'm running a Zotac GTX480.

2. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    I fixed it, it was because I was running a 7800GTX also to drive my 2nd monitor. I had to install the 266.58 and then disable the driver on the 7800GTX, then I had to manually install the 260.99 driver for the 7800GTX and now I get all the options in the control panel for the GTX480.

3. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    That didnt help at all it seems. I even tried taking my 7800gtx out so its only the GTX480 in there and installed the 266.58 driver and no such luck. And this is with doing driver sweeper and cc cleaner in safe mode before installing the drivers in normal mode in windows. It just doesnt want to work no matter what past 260.99.

4. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    No one? Really?

5. viper_911

viper_911 Member

GPU:
    msi 980 gtx ti 6g
    i had this problem when doing some trouble shooting on my comp swapping cards in and out etc, i unistalled 266.58 reboot into safe mode, run driver sweeper and reboot ,

then installed 258.96 and restarted and got all options back in control panel.
    then i ran driver 266.58 and used express install to update driver

6. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    you running display-link or USB monitors?
    if your running 2 cards and connecting additional monitors this will happen.

Try disconnecting the monitors while you installing then after turn them on. Some times the NVIDIA CP doesn't recognize the additional monitors. this has been a an issue for 10 months with me as well.

258.96 was the last good drivers with no issues for multi monitors.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

the issue is that there is 2 drivers conflicting...you can see it in the OP pics..

266.44 and 266.58..uninstall 266.58...install 266.44 then uninstall them..clean with driversweeper..install 266.58.. problem should be solved

8. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    Since that original photo I did driver sweeper and cc cleaner in safe mode and was able to get it to all 266.58 in windows but still the same thing

9. Vlad+

Vlad+ New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 780 Ti 3 GB
    In my case the issue with CP (either won't open or shows additional items from 3DVision/System tools only, if installed) was fixed in 266.66 (these are for 560 Ti, but work fine with GTX 580 & 9800 GT after modifying nv_disp.inf).

10. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    could someone point me to the modified inf for the 266.66 so I can try that out? I've never modded my own inf so I'm not sure how to do it myself. Instructions could work too if its easy enough.

11. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    Just taking the inf from the 266.58 and putting it in the 266.66 folder and running the installer i now got the 266.66 up for every driver component and i got all my control panel stuff back. Finally I can use newer drivers.

12. MrBucket

MrBucket Member

GPU:
    This also apparently fixed some FSAA issues I had in starcraft 2, apparently with 250.99 it wasn't doing any FSAA and I had thought that was the case even though I had it set to 16xq. Went into a game today and I instantly get like 10fps in a game and was lucky enough to win it.