Odd artifacting in one game, need some help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by overlordmike, Oct 28, 2017.

1. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    [​IMG]ive recently been playing elder scrolls online. when i go to craglorn (a certain city) by the wishing well. and move my camera near there (the spot im standing in or near there) i get odd artifacting issues

my pc is fairly new, and my graphics card is less than 5 months old. i have not had any similer issues in any other games. should i be worried and is there a way to fix this

gtx 1070 founders edition
    i7 4790k
    16 gigs ram
    windows 10

cant seem to post the img so hopefully this works
    https://imgur.com/WsOg0lM
    [​IMG]

2. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    If this is the only game that you are getting artifacts in then I wouldn't worry about it that much cause it has nothing to do with your system. It's probably a bug in the video card drivers or the game itself and they have to fix it in their end. Which NVidia drivers are you using by the way, have you tried different ones before and the same result? Nice system by the way, I hope this helps.

3. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    its been a reoccuring bug for awhile. i normally use the most recent driver for gaming. but this bug has been around awhile (for the past 6 months or so). i noticed its only when i move the camera in certain angles that triggers this on the small pool of water. the artifacting is only in that pool as well.

i used to be able to fix it by turning reflections off in the game. but it seems that have removed that setting in the new patch

4. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Card is busted probably. gl

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Please be more Useless.

overlordmike
    I wouldn't worry too much about it as it's in only one game. If your GPU is 5 months old you can always RMA it down the road, in your case it rather seems issue is with game / driver.

Only question I have is does issue pop out right away, or after several hours of playing?

I assume temperatures are fine? Just in case try the following -
    Try underclocking your Gpu Memory and Core overclock, see if that still happens while they are underclocked.

6. overlordmike

overlordmike Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    posted this same thread in the eso forums this morning and seems its a bug thats been around for 2 years. thank you for easing my mind. i was really worried it was my new card.

@Hammie dont have to be so negative . be happy :D