OCZ Agility 3

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by blinx, Aug 28, 2011.

1. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    This SSD is recommeded by Tomshardware best bang for buck in my price range (don't wanna go over $110) and it seems legit just wanted to make sure it's the right choice since I know SSD's have quite a failure rate

I'll be getting a z68 board soon with SSD caching and Sata 3 so i'll likely test the SSD caching since I can use it for everything on my 1tb hard drive just wanna make sure am not making a mistake on this model http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227725

2. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I went with a Crucial m4 128gb buy.com had them for $150 a couple days ago they are suppose to be reliable along with intel tho the write speeds are lacking a bit with crucial

3. pixelsmack

pixelsmack Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX-580sc (3gb)
    I'd go for the Crucial. I like a lot of users have been having nothing but BSOD hell with the Vertex3 line. :\

4. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    That's Vertex, what about Agility3? I was thinking of getting one for the OS...

5. Mythril

Mythril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    These drives have a lot of issues. Random BSOD's, freezing and the BIOS loosing the HDD on bootup. Firmware updates have not done very much. I took mine back and replaced it with a Vertex 2 and my system has been rock solid now for over 2 weeks. My advice is leave this well alown at the moment.

6. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    That's some bad news, man... :(

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I would avoid as well anything to do with the SF2200 chips (i.e.- OCZ generation 3) right now till they fix the issues that they are having.

If you want to use Intel SRT, then the best choice for the buck is the Kingston V+100 series as they have the best non-TRIM (Intel SRT has no TRIM support) performance and wear. If you want just a regular SSD, then the Crucial M4 is probably the best right now for the buck, however it has poor non-TRIM performance.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  8. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    I've had my Agility 3 120GB (newest firmware) for a couple of weeks, and havent had any trouble at all. :p

9. lexa47

lexa47 Member

GPU:
    Asus nVidia GTX570 @ 840
    Hi, I have OCZ Agility 3 60GB too. I have 4 BSOD and after them problem with detection in EFI over 1 month. I have old firmware 2.06 If I flash that SSD - I loose data from them?(I have win7 on it)

10. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 2070
    I have been using my 60gb Agility 3 (FW 2.11) since August 26th and have had only one occurrence where my system rebooted and my drive wasn't detected. Granted that's one time more than any mechanical drive I have ever owned. So far though I'm in love with both the speed and price I paid ($69.99). :D