OCUK selling unused harddrives that have been used and more!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PirateNeilsouth, Nov 27, 2010.

1. the-bullet

the-bullet New Member

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Bought Sapphire x1900xt toxic from them a few years ago. It was supposed to be factory overclocked. However, the clocks on mine had been rolled back at the bios level. Even still, it artifacted under load. I drove down for a refund 2 days after it arrived. Was there 3 hours whilst they "tested it". Of course, they said it ran fine. I informed them of the incorrect spec's but was stonewalled, and told that those speeds "were maximum" and not necessarily attainable. (the speeds were written on the box ffs). It was just like a game to the manager. He was not going to budge.
    Back then the ATI drivers 2d and 3d speeds were not that different, only a couple hundred mhz and if you disabled the right service you could force the card to run at a slower speed at it would still run 3d games. This was the only way that card would run without artifacting (I tested it on 4 different machines).At some point someone had used this card before I bought it, found it was borked, and so downclocked it. (maybe even sold and returned, and OCUK downclocked it - pure speculation) Either-way I was not the first owner. I asked to see them test it,as under SOGA, in the first 6 they have to prove the item is working correctly. And I asked if this ati service had been disabled. He was obviously caught off guard and had a look of embarassment. However, again he wasn't interested. :bang: I would never use or recommend anyone use these. Customer service to them appears to be "get their money, then if something goes wrong .screw 'em". This is my experience as it happened :thumbdown

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Anyone know the name of that customer feedback site?

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You got to laugh, all those that were slagging them off in that RMA thread, are now going balls deep sucking em off in another thread, to avoid a banning, you couldn't make it up :D

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Don't keep us in suspense..where's the link..? :D

5. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Where? I've been over there quite a bit today and not seen anything?

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    It's pathetic, not a single bit of backbone in 'em.

7. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Damned if they do and damned if they dont, unfortunatley posting and ranting does not help you get service. That is obvious.

Yeah, nice. Take text out of context and put words in their mouth they hadn't said.

Those rules, as you'd expect from their unique community based setup, are in place to prevent slanderous comments and solely there to prevent anyone distorting facts.

Complaints no doubt will be taken in a fair manner if they had been outed in a decent manner.

Wrong.

Unfortunatley no one will see both sides of the story, however it does seem unusual in which the way they may have dealt with the OP.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    If you were sent a TV that was second hand, broken, not even in its own box, wrapped in bin liners to hold the box together and support tried to not deal with it, would you need to know much more?

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    So the guy who Posted a thread warning people they are like to be suspended or banned because of what happened on ocuk is one of the RMA staff

hah :wanker:

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The only companys i buy from are Scan for hardware and Specialtech for custom watercooling,never had any problems with either and have super fast delivery...if its not broken then why fix it

Ocuk 173 page uber hate thread...you dont get a 174 page hate thread for nothing and this is just one of the sites i found with a quick google!
    http://www.the-sps.org/threads/9253-What-do-you-hate-dislike-about-OcUK-and-or-their-forums

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    When I had my own PC mf'ing business, we used City Link.
    Until I found one of my employees was buying PC gear from the driver that was supposed to be delivered to other shops!
    That was over 10 years ago so not sure how they are now, but mud sticks.

12. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
  13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    wow guess they never heard the expression "Freedom of Speech"...

God I hope someone there linked back to this thread lol

Anyone know the name of that feedback site that rates scan etc...the with all the glowing 5 star reports from ocuk..Aircool needs to see it..lol

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Christ - the amount of grovelling is about to make me spew...hah

How the hell do they keep all those long time forum members....beyond me.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Their scam didn't work then, as they've now offered him another 5970 :p

16. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It's a shame the Guru3D pub is so deprived of decent content these days that it allows slander on it's forums. Seems very unprofessional to me.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Guru3D has just as much content as anywhere else.

If you don't think its decent, blame the internet for lack of any decent content.

Half the threads on internet forums are verging on slander, full of angry teenagers talking nonsense, and im sure if this was slander, OCUK's lawyers would be in touch, and this thread would be closed.

18. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    I don;t understand how experience, observations and opinion equate to slander?

19. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Lack of facts, no other sides to the story and constant slating, thats excluding a few other choice quotes and appauling language used to describe services supposedly receive. I am in no way defending the site or attacking it. Unfortunatley we dont see the whole story and until OC'ers UK want to comment the insuation and slander will continue.

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    and we have lots of clients complaining about us selling blank new hdds without partition table ,without any format
    lol