OCUK selling unused harddrives that have been used and more!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PirateNeilsouth, Nov 27, 2010.

1. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
  2. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Copy and Pasted from another member on that forum

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Wow, what a fiasco, wouldn't catch Newegg pulling this ****.

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yah, it happens (first time I hear about HDD's), one example is TV's. People have returned some TV's which are working but did not want those, TV's are re-packed and still sold as new.

5. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    True, but it's to claim they are 100% un-used, not used at all from two different staff.
    Hence Clean Pull but then to backtrack when they got caught out. They also said they knew where they came from and now they don't know where they come from. But the attitude is like well that's tough you wanted it cheap you got it cheap.

Rubbish i bet they knew damn well where these drives came from and hoped that nobody would see any different and just put trust in ocuk?

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well, most people who buy computers are ignorant and odn't know much about them.

So to most people, yeah, it wouldn't matter. You've got to remember that, WE'RE the odd ones.

7. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    Would be like me putting in an order for a top quality british sports car straight off the factory floor made in Liverpool. But finding out it has been road tested for upto 200 miles, made in china and some bloke called harry left is fag end in your ash tray :D

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Yeh I posted that thread about game deals in a different thread here, I dislike these guys, they are manipulative and a lot of the OCUK community are sheep and praise these guys all the time, itz annoying

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ocuk is the worst place to buy from from on the web as far as im concerned,this news DOES NOT surprise me whatsoever,i have heard a few stories from ex-employees that used to work there about what they do with broken hardware,i would not even buy something as simple as cable ties from them as they suck balls,i hate the shop and the forum with a passion,its the only website on the internet that i well and truly hate passionately:)

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I've been telling people to avoid OC-UK for years, load of con artists, no-one listens and then complains when they have a **** load of problems later and OCUK aren't interested.

EBUYER-4-LYF xxxxxxx

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Pmsl, bunch of cowboys, be mad to buy from them jokers :D

12. PirateNeilsouth

GPU:
    980 OC
    I always thought Ebuyer was an american store lol

13. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So they have been used for upto ~150 hours. That's nothing, it's a tiny amount of lifespan gone. And they are sold at a discounted price to reflect this. They will still work for years and won't be DOA. What's the problem? Geeks love to moan a bit much in my opinion.

14. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Iv'e read many stories regarding poor aftersales and complaints about pricing etc, but iv'e bought from them over the last 4 years, spend around 2000 pounds and never had an issue. It seems like the the site reps have clarified somewhat, and its up to the consumer if they want to purchase imo.

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well that's fine if you want to buy from a site with bad CS that is happy to lie to it's customers just to get sales, maybe it's just me, but I'm not going to be taken for a ride.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No they just wouldn't admit it. Every major retailer will do this. They sell a product and it is then returned after being opened or used once or twice under the seven day distance sales rules then chances are they will repackage the item and then resell it at either as new or a tiny reduction in price.

It's been made out that some how these HDs have been used in some guys PC for the best part of half their life cycle and then being sold as brand new. They aren't oh my god this HD has been turned on for 27 hours and been power cycled 17 times.... I am enraged that you sold me this at a reduced price and didn't give me exact details about every single thing this hard drive did in those 27 hours....

really some people just need to get a life!

17. dem2k

dem2k Member

GPU:
    295GTX
    This isn't surprisng at all. I haven't ordered anything from OCUK since after I ordered a retailed brand new standard Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse & Keyboard. The keyboard was disgusting with finger marks all over and was clearly used the product packaging was clearly worn and the rubber mouse feet were well worn.

Absolutely disgraceful. they certainly cut corners and its hit or miss if its your order they decide to screw over.

Would never use them again, about the only inticing thing about the place is the forums

18. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    LOL i know what you mean i posted there a few and never bothered again

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Despite being suitably warned how bad they are you still stand up for them?
    How do you know what the drives have been through, OCUK dont even know!
    Tell me, have the drives been dropped, exposed to excess temperature, over volted...
    Do you understand the implications of a maltreated drive?

I actively warn people about OCUK after my own experiences, they are scammers.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Google the internet guys and you will see there are plenty and i mean plenty of review and hate sites that have nothing but negative feedback about Ocuk.

Most hated internet retail site on the web?I think so and for a many damn good reasons also!