October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    It would be nice if Nvidia show some driver love for the 400 series to at least amend for some of their mistakes instead of just ditching it all together and pushing people to go buy their new card after 6 months of releasing a burning failure.

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    The more i read, the more i thank god for not shelling out my savings on gtx480 when everyone jumped the train to get it.

Ill patiently await for some developments, otherwise amd 6xxx seems to way to go.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nvidia have been quite lazy with driver updates recently, but who knows, may of been holding out some performance driver intime for te 6970 being released, kinda like what AMD did with the 10.3 driver for the 5800 series.

Probably not though lol.

4. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    October was the last betas.September was the last WHQL.:)

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970

Unless thats an attempt at humour.

6. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Well maybe I have it the other way around?

7. Lightmgl

Lightmgl Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    I hope they start putting out some 400 series optimized drivers. If they abandon it they are putting themselves into class action suit territory again since they already admitted they knew about a large number of the hardware/software issues of the Fermi cards, particularly the original model....

They really shouldn't ditch such a large customer base after they pushed those cards so hard and promised to come through with fixes.

I see issues in games with my 460s that I don't with any other card, even other Nvidia cards. Stuff like clipping and incorrect collision. Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying.

I really hate the direction this industry has gone in. It is following the rest of the games industry of release now and fix later, or just abandon it altogether and laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  8. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    To tell you the truth.I cant remember the last driver I installed without a modded inf.lol

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Lightmgl

yea 460gtx is a big mess imo, even bigger than 250gts..that's the standard by nvidia's cheap mainstream gpus... they cut on quality as much as they can to save some $$ and shove all vital settings on driver support.. like fan control or power control for idle states,..etc.

imo you would be much happier with custom cooled 470gtx :nerd:

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Unless you know what your doing, then its fine, but most of those who buy budget cards don't really have a clue.

11. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    from the nvidia forums about the GEFORCE new drivers.

[quote name='ManuelG' date='13 December 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1292281656' post='1160459']
    Should be available mid week.
    [/quote]

12. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Funny,I never had a problem with my 460,260,or 250.

13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put much faith in that guy. Isn't he the one that said we would get the new drivers around the same time last month?

I hope he proves me wrong, but so far everything that has come out his mouth lately has been fiction.

Just saying.

14. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    OMG :eek: almost 2 months since last driver release :cry: Nvidia WTF , i am forced to use 258.96 because all of the 26x.xx drivers wont work or detect correctly my Sony 46'' HD LCD TV wich i use 24/7 connected to my 24/7 pc via DVI to HDMI Adapter :/ ,only one worked but i had washed out colors and that driver gave me micro-stutering and lag in DiRT2 , im starting to get upset at this wating game :flame2: , any news guys?

15. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    The quadro's are not expected to be any different than the desktops due soon

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    With the way things are going, they will probalby modify the inf file to support all mainstream cards and then rename it a Geforce driver.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They've done worse things.

And considering how well received this driver has been, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

18. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
  19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol i'm the only one not complaining then cause i absolutely love my 480, no issues or bugs whatsoever in any game, also heat and sound do not bother me. ;)

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]