October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    My system freezes when I installed these, sucks, I hear such good things.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've been using ATI cards for 15 years.....and to this point, I have yet to experience a single issue with any ATI driver. With nVidia....I've had nothing but consistant issues in regards to this GTX460. Either the drivers are complete garbage....or the GPU is irrepairably flawed and nVidia is back in denial mode again....

8800 series was more than a few months old when the GeForce9 series was released. GTX460 was just released in July....and already it appears nVidia is dropping support. HD7000 will probably be my next "upgrade"...if I don't opt for an HD6950 first...

We've been hearing that for almost a month now..... At this point, it's been proven to be nothing more than a lie.

3. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    ManuelG over there is an idiot, he always says "soon" to people when questions are asked in regards to new drivers or fixes, he's very vague and just tells people enough to keep them from screaming at him.

The guy is a flake, he has no real say or knowledge, he knows as much as we do, he's basically a glorified mod that acts like he knows what nvidia is doing behind the scenes.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    265.90 driver is spot on for me too, easily the best driver i've used with my card, and apparently the next whql will be based on these, so good news.

Edit: How have we been hearing that for over a month, they are 8days old!!!!
    Short month lol.

Not that i bother with whql ones, by the time they get certified, they are usually old, and a newer beta has arrived.

I nearly choked on my coffee there when i read that AMD had 100% stable drivers, anyone saw the 10page moaning thread about the 10.12 ones, its a good read as alot is tongue in cheek, but it definetly off putting.
    Personal optinions or experiences are irrelevant, more AMD users complain about drivers than Nvidia owners do, and about 75% of the Nvidia complaints are from the same couple of people copying and pasting the same thing into multiple threads like its new news:wanker:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    User complaints are based on "personal experiences"...and in most cases, user stupidity.

6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So your claiming AMD card owners are dumber than Nvidia card owners, that not nice.

Also based on your way of thinking, does that mean because i have no complaints, that your issues are down to user stupidy?

Also as i mentioned before, when was 1st December almost a month ago?

7. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Why isn't anyone using the 263.00 that I found here and no inf needed with older cards, but they don't support 580 or 460se? I think they come from Gigabyte forum. Has there been problems with this driver?

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I used them for abit, they were fine, no issues with them, but couldn't find any benefit to them over the 260.99.

Moving to 263.06 added some profiles and a little performance, while 265.90 added the same but even better framerates, as well as smoother video playback, i did have one driver crash, but that was while trying to run 3D Mark11 at 950mhz OC.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    There have been claims that new drivers were coming since early November.

Most of the people complaining in the ATI section, continually use Driver Sweeper....even though, last I checked, it was recommended not to use Driver Sweeper when updating ATI drivers due to resulting problems. Nearly every complaint of "driver problems" in the ATI section is from someone who consistantly uses Driver Sweeper, even after being told not to. In MY experience....Driver Sweeper does nothing but cause problems. I experience the same "driver has stopped responding" BS whether I use Driver Sweeper with ATI or nVidia drivers....even using Revo Uninstaller gives me the same results.

Actually, I'm not saying either is dumber than the other. People don't bother to research anything prior to buying components. They simply buy and assemble. Before I buy any parts (graphics cards excluded), I read every review I can possibly find (within reason). Hardware conflicts still exist....and they always will. It's impossible to have 1000+ components from various manufacturers all work completely flawlessly together. For example...my GTX275 was "incompatible" with my former ASRock P45TS-R, P45 based motherboard....yet worked "flawlessly" with my Foxconn ELA, P45 based motherboard. Up until the "burned GTX460" incident, I couldn't run my GTX275 on my P45TS-R without Windows immediately becoming unstable.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    But you specifically bolded the statement about the 265.90 ones though.

This is ironic, as i was just about to post my driver install procedure.
    It involves uninstalling it, then rebooting into Safe Mode, using Driver Sweeper to remove all Nvidia Display and PhysX software, then i reboot and install the new one, and when using Quadro/Tesla ones, i just reuse the .inf from the previous WHQL i used, rather than downloading someone else's custom one.

Might be overkill, but why should i change it when i haven't had a single serious issue since i got this card, or with the 260 before it.

Have had a couple of driver crashes, but only when trying to push this card past 900mhz on stock volts, a SFIV flicker issue, that is now sorted, and a 16bit colour issue if i dropped the refresh rate below 60hz, but that way back when i had the GTX260, and thats it for 2010, so you might understand why im cynical.

If you can understand the variable of hardware combinations, then it shouldn't be an issue to understand that not everyone gets the same results as you with the drivers.

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    It is getting ridiculous. The only reason I have not encountered problems is because I haven't bought any recent games. I would be pissed if I had SLI and there were no profiles being released.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I have no problems with any of the drivers released within last 6 mos. Quite satisfied with driver support.

13. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Can you please tell me in direct detail on what sort of problems you're having?

On another note, i am perfectly happy with the Quadro Drivers for what seem to be, for fixing all my problems i had with games running with Windows 7.
    Thank you Nvidia :banana:

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    dnottis bolded the statement about the 265.90 drivers. I simply quoted him.

If a system is completely unstable with the drivers installed...and the condition exists across multiple driver sets...the problem isn't the drivers. Problem is, too many people don't know how to determine whether a stability issue is software or hardware related....or they're too ignorant to understand that hardware compatibility is just as important as software. In my case though, the issues I experience have been effected with each driver release. 258.96 had great image quality, but had performance issues. 259.32 driver I had good image quality and decent performance. 260.99, my image quality suddenly went to ****...and performance is rather random. And now, since installing F@H GPU(just happens to be the first time I noticed)....my card no longer switches to it's 2D clocks. Now I'm trying to figure out what got screwed up to cause that....

15. Hayden202

Hayden202 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI-TF560ti 2GB - SLI
    I just wanted to say that I have had numerous issues with drivers for the 460 on a number of games; however, I can't accept just yet that nvidia will just drop support for an entire line of cards (400 series) just because they launched a new line. It does not make fiscal sense from a business point of view...I doubt they will just cut their loses with the 400series and run, they want to still generate revenue from the 400series customers and even if they do push the 580 like crazy, tons of people are have or will switch to ATI if the support stays this way.

I am not choosing sides; simply stating the fact that yes they have dropped the driver support "ball" big time; however, I am hopeful they will correct things. But then again, In the video card world they are just selling the GPU itself not the cards so they really are not the ones losing money, its the card manufacturers who have built all these 400series cards that customers don't want. Pretty sad really that if Nvidia continues to drop the ball they aren't really losing customers but just running manufactures out of business. But I really don't know much about the internal workings of finances of Nvidia, just seems like a bad idea to leave good customers high and dry; but then again I doubt these rich GPU developers really give a crap as long as they keep their shore house and Audi.

But yes. Please for the love of GOD make some decent drivers!!!!! WTF!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010

16. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    Sweet! (Zloth hides under RagDoll's window with a net.)

Wait a sec, what does j/k stand for again? ;)

I'm still sitting on the 258.96 drivers, myself. They put in a new install method for the 3D Vision stuff with the last WHQLs and I really didn't feel like helping them test it, so I'm giving one generation a miss.

17. Saifz

Saifz Master Guru

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    cmon nvidia release the kraken

18. Reiz3r

Reiz3r Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7850 2gb
    in next year?

19. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    those from gigabyte are 261.x and these are betas but working fine got nice 85%+ gpu utilization in BFBC2 and driver seems to be very stable no BSOD,no CP crashing,etc :)

20. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It means joking :) lol