October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The 266.35 beta were the new ones.

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Would be nice with some 99% working and stable WHQLs right about now :eek:..

3. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    End of the month apparently, well the WHQL side of things anyway lol.

4. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    The better get it right for sli users. By the look of testing the leaked drivers i think we might be screwed.

5. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah all the quadros give me great performance but they are unstable.

6. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890

Have you not heard about the ATI 6 series GPUs? It's pretty much the same story on both sides of the fence at the moment :banana:

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    AMD/ATI is still releasing regular monthly drivers....which is better than going 2 months without a new driver while people whine and complain about problems....at least AMD/ATI gives you hope that a problem will get fixed.

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Not acording to the AMD guys there isn't, the threads are hilariously entertaining.

Half the guys claim that when AMD fix it, they will then break someting else, while the other half claim to have zero issues, and anyone with issues is a "noob" who must of caused the issue themself.

9. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Had an HD4870 X2 before my card now for just over a year, and the current ATI drivers still haven't fixed v-sync since then. You had to force it with a 3rd party program (still do as far as I know?).

Quality not quantity please.

10. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    We should boycott the nVidia for their support since mid-2010! Drivers appear every three months (WHQL's), and this is not quite smooth, or are in the beta versions! What's going on nVidia?! You always thought a GeForce card holders and players ....

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    It's not a new driver until it is WQHL.

It's more like an old driver they started to improve, then gave up and let it loose.

12. johnny87au

johnny87au Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 480's / Wc'd ek
    +1, Beta is just a driver which hasnt been officially signed and barely tested which is still pretty much in production..WHQL = Signed by microsoft which is 100% safe to use..

13. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    If it's not WHQL it won't get installed in my system. I refuse to beta test for anyone if they're not paying me to do it. If it takes them a bit to release new certified drivers, I'm ok with that.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    That's because the half you first refer to are the people running CrossFireX and the other half are the ones using single GPU cards. Believe me, I've been there when I had two HD 5870s and while I wouldn't personally say that AMD's drivers were awful per se, as far as CrossFireX support was concerned it was very, very disappointing/underwhelming IMO. Certainly the whole experience has put me off ever using multi-GPU setups in future.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It did look like that, but have to say AMD driver threads are more entertaining to read than Nvidia ones, though doesn't look to of improved CF wise, as the promised weekly CAP update is now 5 weeks old apparently.

Those who think WHQL means 100% safe are far too trusting.
    Most people must remember the WHQL 197 drivers which broke the fan on older cards, and the issues on the new betas with high levels of AA, or crashing with overclocks, would not stop a driver getting WHQL either.

16. Mistajista

Mistajista Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    WHQL is a load of nonsense.... It certainly in no way guarantees the drivers will be bug free in games etc.... There have been many examples (as mentioned already) of WHQL drivers with horrendous bugs in various games. There will always be on going issues with something as complex as graphics card drivers and newer betas are frequently better than the current WHQL. That being said nVidia certainly seems to be in a bit of a rut at the moment. I suspect the unified driver approach is getting harder to maintain thus the current delay in new drivers. YMMV.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The WHQL certificate only requires that the driver install and function. It doesn't require any specific level of performance....nor does it take into account the 1000+ hardware variations. It's installed and tested on a basic system to ensure it doesn't conflict with the default chipset driver being used at the time of testing. Creative drivers are perfect proof that WHQL really doesn't mean **** as far as quality....they still produce the worst drivers of any manufacturer.

18. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Most 'beta' NV drivers prove to be a lot better both performance, quality or stability was than the WHQL.

All WHQL means is that MS got it, tested it to work on Windows, and put a stamp on it.

It bares NO meaning to quality or stability. People who think this need to cop on.

19. Mohammad.Taheri

Mohammad.Taheri Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070TI Nuke
    2nd weak of 2011 and on whql
    nvidiaaaaa ...

20. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Hope you don't intend to SLI you will be screwed as well if drivers are going to be like new beta's