OC tool for 4870

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by panamaniankid, Aug 11, 2008.

1. panamaniankid

panamaniankid Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb
    tried AMD's GPU clocker deal, it resets my fan settings and cant turn them back on until I restart...

rivatuner didnt work for me neither did atitool..and the silly built in OC utility is so capped is not even funny, max OC with fan at 30% temps are 45idle 50's load.

I have crazy cooling in my case..anyone out there have another program?

2. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 4800 UPCC
    Crazy Cooling is not enough, you might need a V.Mod to get the best out of that card.

3. Lowteckh

Lowteckh Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 @ stock
    Bios mod.

Edit: And thanks for posting another of the same topics.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  4. ArmoredCavalry

ArmoredCavalry New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870 - 512MB
    Just wait for ATT/Rivatuner to be updated with support for the card (I'm sure they will be). No rush. :) The card isn't struggling on any games right?

5. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    I'm surprised tho....

One thing that surprises me is that this card has been out for over a month and tomorrow the X2 is being released and STILL no one has an OC \ fan proggie out... I'm not trying to sound upset or dissatisfied I know the peeps that make Rivatuner and ATT are very busy folks and might even have lives.

I wonder what the difficulties are....perhaps the card is THAT different that the prog has to be re-written. Maybe reverse engineering the AMD clock tool is needed. Just seems weird that the manufacturer has a utility out -granted a weak one with its own drawbacks- before ANYONE else does... I might have been hit in the head too many times but isnt that backward?

I check Techpowerup religeously every day and the riva tuner thread quite often as well. W1zzard hasnt posted in the ATT beta forum in ages...he has continued work on other projects tho...I wonder if perhaps he is burned out somewhat on the ATT front or a brick wall of some sort has presented itself. As for riva tuner I wonder if Unwinder is still on vacation.... things just seem oddly quiet these days

Again I'm not complaining.... just curious.... hell if there was ANY way I could help either of these fine gents in their effort I'd be only too honoured

Zyro

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  6. pcnazz

pcnazz Member

GPU:
    One Asus EAH5970
    I agree with you 100% , I can't believe there's no fan and oc utility out for these cards , it's crazy ! I'm running 790/1100 with 30% 35% 40% 45% fan speeds and I wont push this card with the stock fan settings ! It's ashame this problem even exist !!!