OC Scanner: "Failed to start scanning!"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by JJJJJ, Feb 17, 2019.

1. JJJJJ

JJJJJ Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 MSI 8GB OC
    Hi,

I just put together a new build, nothing besides the OS and the latest drivers from NVIDIA were installed, and of course AfterBurner, 4.6.0, Beta 12.

When running an OC scan, the status window immediately displays "Failed to start scanning!", as you can see in the attached screenshot, and then there's usually a dark blue screen for a few seconds, but not always. This is followed by perhaps a minute of instability, where it takes seconds for mouse movement or clicks to reflect on screen, and then it calms down, but of course, the overclock scan hasn't taken place.

Also, ran DDU in safe mode to re-install latest NVIDIA drivers (418.91), and also re-installed Afterburner, in case that helped, but it didn't.

Subsequently installed Firestrike and Heaven for benchmarking / stress testing.

If it's of any help, the motherboard is an ASUS TUF X299 MkII.

Is this perhaps a faulty card? Is there some incorrect setting somewhere? I figured since there are overclocking guides for the RTX 2080 using the OC scanner, this ought to work- but searches for this error message are fruitless.

I don't suppose anyone has any pointers on how to further troubleshoot this? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  3. JJJJJ

JJJJJ Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080 MSI 8GB OC
    You guys are a riot... Thanks for the quick reply at least!

4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Try Precision X1