Oblivion replaying

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Aug 7, 2009.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i have the Unofficial Shivering Isles patch installed mate, also will look into the mod conflicts

2. dracis

dracis Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Ah, wasn't sure if you did or not since it wasn't showing up on the list. :p

In my OBMM, it shows the .esp file and then a description as to what part that .esp file is part of.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hay man thanks for spotting OOO with Francesco's after going though loads of mod u kinda forget what some do lol, im not sure what's best out of them it seems Francesco's seems to be the best option for the levelling but then OOO seems to be more evolved and have alot more content

whats ur choice if u have used both mate??

explain this more please,

EDIT im replacing my data folder back to original and doing real tests after eash mod with conflict tests as well

as for the patch its named in list as
    DLC silverisles .esm
    AWSsilverisles.esp
    unoffical silverisles patch.esp

EDIT AGAIN LOL
    ok it would seem that even with the two expansion i get conflicts, this is a pic with no other mods
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ok all i have finial set up the game and it seems to only crash on exit but thats cus of mods, well i read online OOO makes it happen but i just save then F4 the game to quick exit, i have the mods listed below and will post pics soon

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009

5. dracis

dracis Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    This should be the installation order if you have them.

Oblivion
    DLCs (Horse Armor, The Vile Lair, etc.)
    Knights of the Nine
    Shivering Isles
    Official Shivering Isles Patch v1.2.0416

Then your mods. AFAIK, some of the mods absolutely require that you install the official SI patch in order for it to work. If you don't have Shivering Isles, then you still need to install the Oblivion v1.2.0416 patch. And finally, you need to check that the mod you're using complies with any of the above before using them. Sometimes, the mod authors have versions for both, with and without SI. :)

As for the overhaul mods such as OOO and Francescos - I like Fran's better. OOO was a bit too much for my tastes. You can read some of the feedback if you don't believe me, heh. I like a learning curve, but OOO was way too much.

I really don't need to use the overhaul mods and I'm perfectly fine without them. And, you can download seperate mods that achieve the same goal anyways, so I guess it's also down to personal preference.

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    can i get a list of all the edits for each mod, is that possible

7. dracis

dracis Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Uh, the changelogs are HUGE. The best thing to do is either try for yourself, read to see what each one does and see if it suits your taste, or use something like FCOM Convergence.

What FCOM Convergence does is combine all FOUR the major overhaul mods together so you can play all of them at the same time. It's headed by the very talented dev_akm, so you know you're getting a quality mod from him and his team. :)

Check out the trailer on his site for the deliciousness.

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    im having issues with this OOO mod, i have been playing all day now and ive only got to level 2 and also its extremely hard to beat a NPC, i go up against any one and about die from 2hits, is their a tweak to lower the hardness

EDIT
    ok i found a better solution, it seemed i had game hardness maxed out in the options menu and this OOO mod which also makes the game harder so i lower the game hardness slider to half way for medium hardness and it seems to habe helped a little

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi all wanna help me out

ok im looking for a spell overhaul that will make the game oblivion into a casting battle type game and not so much close combat, any how i installed this mod

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9562

which at the time of reading the site sounded great but it seems that their a few issues with it

1- their **** loads of useless crap like 1k's worth, i used the "psb" hack to unlock all the spells at once then spent liek 3hours deleting the crap with a deleting mod to find i was like half way though and not came across anything good.

2- this mod seems to add these stupid spell like damage 1000 in 30sec and its way to powerful

is their a mod which adds some correctly levelled spell i can cast (no touch) for fire/ice/poison and you know the rest....

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i dont want to open new topic for my question

i never played this game more than 3 hours i guess..so here is my question

How do i LVL UP? i keep getting., UR LEVEL OF BLA BLA INCREASED..so? do i lvl or what? how lvling works in this game pls? thanx.

11. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    You need to go to sleep in a safe place. That's it afair. (after the message you actually gained an experience level so not just a skill like acrobatics) You'll get a pink cross or something at the bottom of the screen...haven't played this game since 2007 or so.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah it happened as u said mate. thanx..

And i have another issue here

i stole a horse and a goddamn CITY guard very far to where i stole that horse kept bugging me(like there is a fcking police network that told them about my action!! FFS!!) and sadly i had no money to pay the fee. and i killed him..

and then bounty on my head was too high too..killed another guard..and i fcked up bad as u imagine..

Finally i surrounded or how u type it. but after i got out of jail as i see some skills or attributes like HEAVY ARMOR decreased 2 points..a message warned me..WHOT THO FOCK? FFS!

and i lost my everything..WHOT THO FOCK again :nerd:

So how can i get my things , weapons etc.back pls? and how to restore my skills or what ever.

THANX!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  13. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's a mod that keeps isolated situations like the one you mentioned isolated..

Reneers Guard Overhaul

Also, help yourself to ~another 50 or so mods to make the game better & interesting :p

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Alex, My freind. thank u very much.

Despite i have PC STEAM version of the game, i started to play on PS3 and progressed for a while...i even thought that to stop ugly ps3 version and start a new game on PC but well, i loose interest too easly, if i stop ps3 version i w ont be playing this anymore :(..shame no mods for consoles :(

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    My character in Oblivion (one of the playthroughs) went through the same thing....but after escaping, killed some more NPC's after which the guards came chasing; killed them too!.

Then exiled to the village where there were invisible characters at the starting of the game, stayed there for 2 days between which found another lone guard who was on the horse and started chasing. Classic murder with an axe..chopped of his head, etc etc.

sleep for 24 hours. Rode(on a horse, naked!) to some guards roaming on the road, made them chase..gathered 5 of them. Rode back to the village again..got down the horse...my character typed "I will be God".

and then my oblivion character jumped off the cliff to repent for his sins, of killing so many people's lives. Expected Athena to come and saving to make him the God of War, but she didn't and finale of the 40 hours of playthrough was seeing the naked corpse bounce on the terrain and gently float into the water.

:nerd:

The character's name was Kratos and he was a bald redgaurd who went killing spree without his shirt.

-Edit-

I think the character was in the wrong game!!!.:infinity:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Now, that my friend, was epic..thanx for the story :nerd:

17. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    I always felt that quickloading was a good idea.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ohh no quick save and load on PS3..damn :(

Anyway, this game is a BLAST to me..i cant believe after those years this game is NEW to me..

i even didnt touch main story and keep doing side quests and some of them r amazing. like i did last night.. in Anvil, i work for Fighters Guild, the Guild leader gave me a quest to go to A ladies house for Rat problem..i thought it was a lame kill the rats in the basement quest..Ahahah after talking with lady i saw that in her basement she PETs the RATs but something is killing them..HAHA amazing such a surprise. anyway went to basement and i killed a mountain lion. and there was a hole in the basement so lions r coming from there..then lady told me to go to a Hunter to Hunt down rest of the lion pack.

i found the hunter and we gone to out of city and killed other lions.

i returned for reward but lady moaned again and told me that still 1 lion in her basement..i killed it too.. Then gone for reward.

This time lady asked me to find out how lions r coming, she was suspicious from her neighbour.

At night i silently watched the neighbour was putting meats in front of that hole that leads to ladies house..i talked to reptile neighbour and learned that she put those meats to lure , make the rats out of the basement so guards gonna kill the rats. she told that she didnt mean to lure LIONS into here etc..and she told me that if i dont tell her doing those meat thing , she will reward me with 1 athletic skill point.. i returned back to Rat lady and told her that neighbour was not related with this issue etc..then returned to neighbour and got my reward

Ahahah..such good questing :)

The thing is, its hard to lvl up. i learned that the more u focus on lets say BLADe weapons the more u get skill on it but im lvl 2 and done some side quests and sitll didnt get lvl3 , didnt show GO TO SLEEP, REST thing..lame :(

Game is also hard. in medium difficulty some enemies kills me easly..

And Armor and weapons gets sh,degreases quality or how u call itt in time(while fighting)...

iam a warrior with knight sign or what ever it is..i started to wear HEAVY ARMOR...is it wrong in early lvls like lvl 2?

19. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Here's a tip for you , MrBigtime.

Remove your weapon from your hand and punch a city guard in the face with your bare hand. Then choose: 'go to jail'. In the jail, go to your bed and sleep. You'll released the next morning, since you didnt do much.

Walk around in the city or just wait somewhere inside. After some time a grey haired women will contact you with a secret message of the thieves guild. :)

Good luck :)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i was keep looting(stealing :D) from chests etc and that WOMAN appeared to me. And gave me a note about how to contact with them..but i am a warrior and knight u know..my sneak skills cant be good enough maybe?

And can i be a member of Thief's Guild while i am also member of Fighters Guild?

edit: and this game needs PS3 MOVE support ASAP :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011