Nzxt source 210 fan

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jdissi, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jdissi

Jdissi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx msi gaming 970
    Recently i have heard about this positive /negative/ neutral pressures in cases. I was just wonering if my fan placements are in the best setup possible. I have two 120mm and two 140mm cougar vortex silent case fans, as well as stock rear case. The 120s are in front as intake while the 140s are in rear as exhaust. I control them with a nzxt sentry, which I have them all running full speed.Any helps or comments would be appreciated.

Can't link or I would.The fans are cf v12h and v14s

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Size is really irrelevant. Need to know the air flow rates for the fans.

Positive or Negative "pressure" are the typical goals. "Neutral pressure" would be natural air flow, i.e. no fans....not good for a PC.

Unless you have a LOT of time/money to waste....positive "pressure" is best. That's what most enclosures are designed around anyway.

3. Jdissi

Jdissi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx msi gaming 970
    Does bad fan pressure affect the temps greatly?Or is it marginal temp differences, I know the inside can accumulate dust as a result.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    don't really think there's any such thing as "bad" fan pressure. All depends on what you're looking for. Generally, there are only two different setups that can be achieved:

Positive pressure is when the combined airflow of your intake fans is greater than that of the exhaust.

Negative pressure is the opposite... when your exhaust airflow is greater than the intake.

Positive pressure is nice because it allows for cooler air to enter the chassis faster than what you'd see with negative pressure. Downsides being that you basically need more fans towards the front of the case, which increases the noise you hear from the fans. fan filters are also a must for any intake, ESPECIALLY in this situation.

Negative pressure also works well, because generally you don't even really NEED an intake fan to achieve it, which can greatly minimize overall noise from your rig. Downside is that dust will get into your case. From. EVERYWHERE! Can't even stress that enough. One time i had a case with no intake fans, a rear 120mm exhaust, and the PSU fan. I was seeing dust packing itself in the gaps around the front side USB ports and everything. Even around the edges of the side panels.

Temperatures don't really seem to vary too much either way you go, although if you have a larger case, or too many obstructions, you'd probably want to have at least one intake fan to force some cooler air into the case.

5. Jdissi

Jdissi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx msi gaming 970
    I usually run all fans at max, might run the 2 140s on top low, so the front 120s can maybe get better airflow.