NZXT N7 Z690, a beautiful motherboard with full cover

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Skylinestar

Skylinestar Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Is this toasty?

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    NZXT mobos are very very nice and cool. the Intel CPU, not so much

but the premium on these boards is more for aesthetics. yes they can do well @ OC, but you can buy cheaper boards that do as well.
    on the AM4 side they only went with the "B" series chipset but are priced like a premium X570

4. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well, i like more "vented" boards, but aesthetics are very good on this boards, who is their OEM?

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    My Asus Sabertooth z77 board had that "thermal cover" for it. Getting to the CMOS battery required tearing the whole computer apart and taking the cover off.

6. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Looks exactly like every motherboard since they started doing mobo's.

7. Nadzlee

Nadzlee Member

GPU:
    Colorful RTX 2060
    Their OEM is Asrock apparently. And from my experience being a PC builder, I've had terrible experience with all of our NZXT motherboards stocks. Be it Z490, Z590 and B550, all of them dead in a week or 2. Ever since then, we're reluctant to order any of NZXT's mobo.

reix2x likes this.
  8. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    i haven't heard many good things about NZXT mainboards, i have read in a random web page that they use to have ECS as their OEM, they make cheap mainboards (i have used a couple of them, nothing good to say about them and nothing bad either), Asrock is in another level, lets hope for a quality up bump..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    They're a bit boxy looking.

I had that problem with the Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Xtreme. The board somehow triggered its built in overcurrent protection one day I switched it on. BIOS bug.

Hardline watercooled build. Reset CMOS on the back wouldn't reset the BIOS. Board was dead. No power, not a flicker. Nothing. Not even activating the backup BIOS would activate anything. Board was dead of power. Had to drain the system, take all the piping out, then graphics card, to then unscrew the motherboard cover to get to the CMOS battery which is inline with the first slot of the graphics card which is behind the M2 plate covers. Once the battery was removed, it then reset the BIOS and got it powered back up. At that point I flashed both BIOS just in case of BIOS bugs.

Honestly. Some of these placements manufacturers think of placing the CMOS battery is so stupid. Also replaced the cr2032 battery just incase since it was 2 years old.