NVSoftQuadroX - SoftQuadro for 64-bits!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by gellmar, Jun 17, 2008.

1. spaman64

spaman64 Member

The opengl all runs smooth too eh? I'm going have to try on a fresh install of windows vista some time because it's still a bit choppy over here.

2. balthazar9

balthazar9 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8600M GT
    Your modded script is only partially working for me. i soft modded my 8600m gt to a fx 1600m. the cp and d3d programs work fine and i was even able to install and run the 3ds max performance drivers. however there is a problem with opengl pro. maya, mudbox, and lightwave cause the driver to crash. any chance you can fire up that dissasembler again? i'll be more than happy to test anything out. :)

3. MeriX

MeriX New Member

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Gtx 275 --> qfx 5800

Hi

I have managed to partially flash the bios with the straps from the QFX 5800. The card is recognized in win 7 x64 and quad driver can be installed. But performance isen´t much better than without the mod.

This is where I came across this thread. I have tried the latest "patch script" posted here. But as mentioned in the former post, programs using OpenGL causes the driver to crash. NC CP is listing quadro settings etc.

Hence the patch needs updating. I have run a comparison between the old win xp x64 driver with/without patch and to be frank even using IDA pro I am not making much sense of it. I guess I will have to set up my system to do some remote wndbg debugging.

Are there any of you that made the initial patch still around? I would very much like to get some hints as I haven´t done any low level driver debugging since win xp/sice. Old IDA db´s would be great :)

If anyone else with some extended knowledge of dispay driver debugging would like to participate come with suggestions - I´d appreciate it.

4. spaman64

spaman64 Member

Hey balthazar I took another quick look with IDA Pro but I really couldn't find anything else. I'm sure that because I couldn't track down the equivalent line too
    0x0025f2d0 BA 00 10 10 00 0F BA F0 1F
    in the new driver it's causing something to break *probably the whole opengl system* :(

MeriX I really don't know why those sections in the initial driver were modified I can only guess the sub routine they were invoking was returning some masked out abilities list as thats kinda like it looked what it might have been doing.

If you do find any more out please post back here so we can all make an effort to get it all working :)

5. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    Quadro + GeForce incompatibility

Hello everybody.

Here is a new problem. I have some friends with real Quadros on their system (Q600, FX 1800, FX 580 etc) and they work pretty well on pro applications like maya, modo, max, autocad etc. and 30 bit through Display Port for monitors that support it. Any way you get my idea. The big problem is CUDA. Even entry or mid range Quadros has decent performance on 3D apps (a lot better than gaming GPU) they have poor CUDA power for premiere cs5, octane render, iray and vray, bunkspeed shot etc. The only way is to add a second geforce for CUDA only for example GTX 580 with 3GB. If you do that the Quadro drivers are locking the pro features and Q600 for example starts to act like a GT430 :(. If I desable the GTX from Device Manager the pro features are back to life.

There is any way to create a patch or something to block the Quadro driver by disabling the pro features when detects GeForce cards? I think this is a marketing block to encourage people to buy high end Quadros or Tesla. I saw similar problems on other forums when somebody try to use a small Quadro for modeling and a high end GeForce for rendering. They tried different drivers, all of them failed except for 197.xx versions donno exactly why.

So any help please?

6. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    if anyone has gotten the Geforce >>>> Quadro mod to work please post you specview scores thanks!

is this possible yet?

7. quadxeon

quadxeon Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX5600
    It's a shame, the same problem here, having bought a FX5600 is not enough to work with max performance drivers, because the second card is a evil/cheap 285GTX.
    Do you mean that the combination might work with a 197.xx driver?

8. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    It could work with 197.XX drivers, but those are old already :(. So no one tried a patch?

9. BlessOd

BlessOd Guest

GPU:
    xfx gtx 260
    sorry for bad english)

and work on modding cards no longer taking place?
    softquadro stopped on 8800 Ultra?

My GTX 260 is made on the same chip as the TESLA
    Nobody tried to do softTesla

10. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    8500gt softquadro help!

hi all
    I need your help
    I have GF 8500GT and i want to mod it to quadro (nvs 290)
    I have win 7 64 bit and i tried the riva PCI ID tweak and windows recognized the card as nvs 290 and installed it.
    but I cant see any new feuters on the drivers and the SPECviewperf performance remainded the same.

i had gf 6200@6600 and the same procces worked great and i hade quadro fx.

what do you recomend me to do? is it possible to mode 8500gt? (g86)

I also have ATI X1650PRO - can i mode it to firegl? the performance will be better? (solide edge, inventor)

11. XiMa

XiMa New Member

GPU:
    MSI 6600GT VIVO
    mod GT430 to QUADRO 600 on WIN7 X64... possible?

steps and program? rivatuner does work?

12. _LucID

_LucID Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    Hi,

I have Geforce 8800 GTX EVGA, which I successfully softmoded partially to FX 4600. Partially, because I just changed DeviceId.

I am using Windows 7 x64 bit Ultimate.
    Will use my quadro only with 3Ds Max Design 2011. No gaming.

I have few questions:
    - are there a version of s script for the latest, 275.89 quadro driver?
    - would it be better in my case to flash fx 4600's BIOS? if yes, where can I get a proper one and how shall I do this?
    - are there any tricks to install 3ds Max performance drivers for my card?

Thank you very much for your work!

Cheers,
    Alex

13. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    Status of modding geforce to quadro

Well it seems we are dead in ATI Radeon to FireGL right now

But it seems like Quadro mods is heating up? Can anyone please kindly tell me if Quadro is once again fully moddable? And if so are we stuck with 3 year old cards to mod???

What is the most recent card how old that card

Thanks , would be really nice to go back to NVIDIA

R.

14. _LucID

_LucID Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512
    After I softmoded my 8800 GTX to Quadro FX 4600, went to bed and forgot to turn off my PC, woke up and found that my 8800 GTX is dead.

It was not fired, because I have a good cooling system in my case, it just became corrupted. Drivers died and felt back to the system drivers. Image was corrupted with Green/Red/Yellow/Cyan lines on my screen, even in BIOS after PC starts up.

I tried to reset BIOS, re-install drivers, checked all cables, checked temperature - everything didn't help.

So I replaced it with 8800 GTS 512, which is based on G92 chip.
    Will try to softmod it to Quadro FX 3700. But I already tried BIOS flashing and tweaking:
    - grabbed card's BIOS
    - made a copy of BIOS
    - changed device id to FX 3700
    - flashed tweaked BIOS and got weird Device ID. Weird, because last digit was not changed. I checked RivaTuner and found that DeviceId mask prohibits full device ID number change. This means I cannot flash DeviceId for my card.

15. dassoubarna

dassoubarna Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 550v
    I have on board NV display adapter GeForce 7025/ nForce 630a. Could it be possible SoftMod that one? I am using Win7x86. The NV_DISP.INF in the driver folder shows Version 197.13 . I also find the 3DVision_197.13 application in the driver folder.

Please help me. I can't find any SQ4 patch script for win7 32bit. Could you please post any?

16. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    Is there any modded bios or method to softQuadro a GTX470 to a equivalent Quadro under win7 x64?