NVSoftQuadroX - SoftQuadro for 64-bits!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by gellmar, Jun 17, 2008.

1. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Sorry, didn't know that, thought that only DX was speed up in the current mod.. But anyway 8800GT is very old, HD4890 doubles its performance..

2. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    Yes thats very true :(. Hope there is somebody that can make a bios mod for GT200 just like 8800GT I'm sure that is possible somehow.

3. rallito

rallito New Member

GPU:
    8800GTX
    I am to stupid, can't find the problem!!

Solved it!

thanks
    rallito

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  4. Booim

Booim Member

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB (QFX 3700)
    Yes, hopefully someone would be kind enough to create the upgraded script or even release the softmodded driver for the current GTxxx card. I agree with CADCAT, the 8800GT is getting old now... It can't barely have an acceptable frame rates (less than 30fps) for newer games @1680x1050 with max detail settings.

I just hope my card can survive another year and maybe when the time comes, the softmod script/driver would've been release by then...

Too bad the current softmod driver doesn't have hw AO & OpenCL, which I really need in some newer games (I mean hw AO feature, don't know about OpenCL support in games). Other than that, the softmodded card runs almost flawlessly with minor hiccups...

5. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    Just for your information. I have an GTX260 and a modded 8800GT.
    In 3ds max 2008/2009 the 8800GT with the performance driver gives about double the FPS of an GTX260. It's just a way better optimized driver that leaves more room for CPU.
    3ds max 2010 is very different. Maxtreme 2010 is very different and isn't much of an upgrade (if at all) from the regular driver. All in all max 2010 is a lot slower than earlyer versions but it also has higher quality viewport rendering.

From what I noticed is that the performance driver optimizes heavy polygonal scenes really well. It seams to me that the regular driver uses too much CPU resource in comparison to Maxtreme and this is the sole reason for the performance difference.

What I am trying to say is that the regular dirver is just badly optimized and can't use the full potential of fast cards.

6. Booim

Booim Member

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB (QFX 3700)
    I totally agree with you...

I think the first priority for the driver development team to release new regular drivers is to fix its compatibility with some (new) games and afterwards they will try to improve the performance with the next driver release, but only after fixing its compatibility (once again) with the latest game titles which was released after the current driver date.

While the pro (quadro) drivers are more easily to optimized due the very small number of pro applications compare to the gaming side, not to mention the top dollars these workstation users paid for a quadro card.

7. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @Booim

I wasn't talking about quadro vs geforce drivers but 3ds max Maxtreme vs d3d driver.
    I think they incorporate all optimizations/bug fixes for all their drivers (quadro/geforce).
    I don't think the quadro and geforce drivers differ that much if at all. (this is just my speculation)

@Maryus3D

There is no DirectX pro level. If a card supports DX10 or 11 then the support is complete. Nothing is missing as far as I understand. 3ds max comes with it's own driver for D3D and nvidia has taken that driver to a new level with some optimizations and ships it as Maxtreme driver that comes with quadro fx cards. It can only run on quadro fx cards but if someone would crack it then it would run on geforces without a problem.
    ATI doesn't have a special driver for 3ds max anymore so FireGL/Radeon is the same in 3ds max. Their Maximum driver was based on OpenGL and it's slower than maxes d3d.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. ehsan7715

ehsan7715 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850
    hello
    i have a 8800 GTS 640 MB and Mod it to FX 4600 and install 191 Driver
    But when i install nvidia performance driver in 3Dsmax 9 2009 or 2010 i have an error that your card isnt a real quadro !
    My card dont support CUDA change in Photo Shop CS4 too
    what can i do?

9. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @ehsan7715

Please read the thread. The whole thread if needed. There is too many people asking same things.
    You need to "softmod" or patch the 182.08 drivers. Everything is explained in here. It will work.
    If you cant find about patching drivers in here take a look at similar threads like the ati softmodding it's all the same. It has beed explained a lot of times.

10. RealRaynor

RealRaynor New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT
    Hello there,

did anyone successfully convert a Geforce 8600M GT into a Quadro FX 570M (Mobile GPU) ? I have problems doing so with my Dell XPS M1530 (System Bios A12, Nvidia-Bios 060.084.064.000.008.000).

The problem does not seem to be a driver issue, but a problem with changing the DeviceID using NVStrap driver with Rivatuner. I applied the following settings there: Graphics adapter identification: custom, Use ROM strap (-> makes no difference if on or off) and ID 040C for the Quadro FX 570M.

The problem is, that the screen stays black after the bootmanager when restarting Windows then with installed rivatuner-driver for the low-level tweaks. The system does not freeze: windows is starting in the background but the screen stays black. It does not matter which Windows I tried (I have used Windows XP x64 with patched driver version 182.08 and Windows XP 32bit with some other driver versions).

By the way: The Nividia-Bios cannot be read with GPU-Z or NVIDIA BIOS Editor (NiBiTor). Nvflash in a dos environment doesn't work either.

Seems to a problem the Dell nividia card in general? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks and regards,

RealRaynor

11. ailekasabi

ailekasabi New Member

hii

hii ,how you hack nvstrap ,im looking but nvstrap is disabled.Please tell .

12. ailekasabi

ailekasabi New Member

how to enable nvstrap dr
    ver ?

13. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @ailekasabi

OMG I didn't enable nvstrap. Nvstrap is unsupported for these and newer cards (this was said a BILLION times). I flashed the aquamac bios which changed the device id.
    Please read the thread. I am sure everything is mentioned in there.

14. valentinmm

valentinmm New Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Hi!

I have some problem with 8800GT in FX3700 moding in SLI mode. Premiere work is a nightmare in FullHD. I can't see real time the movie in timeline or transition and a lot of crashed.

15. ailekasabi

ailekasabi New Member

how do you softmod 8800gt to quadro ? how you are install nvstrap ? please help me .if you send my mail,im glad ,thanks.

16. Herxheimer

Herxheimer New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800 GT@QFX3700
    Hello, unfortunately, your SLI configuration doesn't help with editing/preview in Ppro or AE, in fact there are fair chances to slow your real time preview.Try to leave just one card and play some HD footage in timeline.The SLI configurations are unfortunately useless in editing, so I'm sure you won't gain any extra fps :(.

What kind of HD footage do you have?AVI, AVCHD, MOV?.I'm working with AVCHD which is highly compressed and I had a surprise seeing that it is playing smoothly with my soft quadro 3700 card.I think that this gain is not hardware, perhaps it's because of the quadro driver.Back in the days when my videocard was 8800GT, seing avchd files in PPro in timeline, even on draft quality at full fps was impossible :confused:

17. berkdawg

berkdawg New Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    I am new but i have been reading all the topics related to softmodding of 8800GT(mine is zotac).I saw that you people really made it on win7.I am also using win764bit.I read all your instructions and made them exactly step by step.

Here's how I did it:

1. Install ReadyDriver Plus 1.1:
    http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/.

2. Install the latest RivaTuner:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163
    (if you don't have ReadyPlus installed, RivaTuner will not be installed properly).

3. Install DriverCleaner Pro 1.5:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745.

4. Download the appropriate driver at:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_182.08.html.

5. Run the driver but DO NOT install it just yet or you can just extract it and move the driver to other place than the default installation folder (IT'S A MUST).

6. Because I don't know the file extension for the script, I just copy the one available in C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner v2.24\PatchScripts\NVIDIA\SoftQuadro4 (any script will do) and rename it to NVSoftQuadroX (or anything you like).

7. Open the script in Notepad, erase everything and replace it with the following:
    CODE
    ; NVSoftQuadroX patchscript by Styler - for XP 64bit Quadro softmods
    ; based on gellmaR (gellmar@yahoo.com) patchscript
    ; vista fix - ultrapregnant dog (for 182.08)
    ;date 07.04.2009

[Common]
    SrcFile = nvlddmkm.sys
    BakFile = nvlddmkm.old
    HlpFile = NVSoftQuadroX.rth
    MakeCRC = 1
    Packed = 1

; common sequence for AntiProtect (64-bit)
    Src0 = FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
    SCM0 = FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
    Dst0 = FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE f9 90 90 90 44 8B c0
    DCM0 = 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Num0 = 0

Src1 = BA 00 10 10 00 0F BA F0 1F
    Dst1 = BA 00 10 10 00 F9 90 90 90
    Num1 = 0

; common sequences for SoftQuadro & NVRC unlocks
    Src2 = BA 84 10 00 00 FF 93 20 0A 00 00 0F BA E0 10
    SCM2 = FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF
    Dst2 = BA 84 10 00 00 FF 93 20 0A 00 00 F9 90 90 90
    DCM2 = 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Num2 = 3

8. Close, save the file and run it (there supposed to be no error messages, if you encounter some error messages, please ask the guy who created this script) This is the link:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=264654&page=7.

9. The script will ask for the location of nvlddmkm.sy_ or nvlddmkm.sys, so just point it at the driver location.

10. After finish patching the driver, uninstall nVidia driver and reboot the computer in safe mode.

11. In safe mode, run the DriverCleaner Pro and add multiple filter (nVidia + nVidia Stereo + nVidia WDM) just to be sure that all nVidia related files and registry entries will be gone.
    This is the reason that you MUST place the patched nVidia driver in some place other than the default location, because this utility will erase everything (files and registry) related to nVidia.

12. Reboot the computer again (normal mode) and if you have that ugly screen resolution, you have done right so far (otherwise just run step 10-11 all over again).

I have been trying on this topic almost 3 days.I almost tried 5-6 times but I always come across this error "The nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware.setup will now exit."I wish at which point i am making mistake? I dont know what to do now.Could you please help me about what i could do now.

18. Herxheimer

Herxheimer New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800 GT@QFX3700
    I think you forgot the most important part: to flash your videocard with the Aquamac's bios.
    This is the first step to have a soft quadro 3700.Download the bios, customize it with your 8800 clocks in Nibitor and flash it with Nvflash.Re-read the whole thread from the scratch:
    http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=134631

19. Booim

Booim Member

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB (QFX 3700)
    @berkdawg:

Herxheimer is right. You missed the most important part of the 8800GT softmod, which is the hacked rom. I guess, since you own the same brand of 8800GT as aquamac, you can use his rom.

Anyway, those are the instructions you need to do in order to fully unlock the softmod quadro perfomance and features. I wrote that after I got the softmodded rom courtesy of aquamac and flashed it to my card.

20. berkdawg

berkdawg New Member

GPU:
    8800gt
    Thanks for redirecting about what i should do.Sorry to bother you again.i grabbed Aquamac's rom.(Thanx Booim) i controlled clocks of the q3700 and orginal 8800 in nibitor.They completely match so i do not think that i have to modify anything. i grabbed Nvflash but though i read the topics, i'am a little bit confused and dont exactly know what to do.Can anyone help me about how to do that in pm or in topic? That's is the only thing i need to know for now.Anyway, after flashing i know everything about how to be done the remaining.