NVSlimmer - NVIDIA driver slimming utility

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by uKER, Sep 20, 2018.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Ok thanks man!
    I will put only the gpu for now on msi mode the rest on default without msi.

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm a noob, I've just discovered this thing. Plus I just starting to learn about reducing the latency overall and to tweak software with little to no telemetry and stuff running around.

3. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Update :
    I've let only the gpu on msi mode and the rest on line with default priority. And after reboot the system ran into a blue screen. I've entered safe mode and I've put everything back on msi mode with normal priority except the gpu.
    Is there a way to know what were the default configurations for my system like when I have a fresh OS install? I mean there is a way to put msi mode tool into default mode? Because I think I get this blue screen because I had by default a component on msi mode already or more components.

4. uKER

uKER Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2070
    @CalinTM Hey, it's totally cool that you're trying that stuff out, but you're hijacking the topic with something totally unrelated.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    As uKER states post over in the dedicated thread for this tool, you get better support help there than here.

But AFAIK if you reinstall drivers for the devices you get back whatever the default was (you should have taken pic of settings beforehand).

Cave Waverider likes this.
  6. Robert3750

Robert3750 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1050Ti 8 GB
    Just tried NVSlimmer. It doesn't work. It says it can't load the Nvidia exe file. The exe file is in the same folder as NvSlimmer. Please help.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021