NVR0FLASHDev problem...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mkilbride, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I restarted my computer, and suddenly I realized, some 3D games no longer work. Source Engine games work, along with some older 3D games like Swat 4 and whatnot...

The latest UT3 Engine games have stopped working, as have some other recent 3D games.

I checked the EventViewer and found this, it's the only error that stuck out:

NVR0FLASHDev

The NVR0FLASHDev service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Now the odd part being is, I looked further back in my log and found entries for this for quite awhile back! How odd I thought, but then I remembered the games I played lately, and they worked! But certain 3D ones no longer do.

So I booted into my Vista boot, and they work in it...so it's not a hardware issue I believe. The problem lies in the software. The problem is I have NO idea what caused this, because it goes back a few months, and it seems I've just been lucky enough to play games that work.

Overlord II worked for a few days, but suddenly started giving me an error saying my Video Card didn't support the features required. I went into my Vista boot and it worked in that...so I'm concerned.

I honestly have no idea where to go from here. I've tried re-installing my drivers, cleaning them out before re-installing, and using a registry cleaner.

Looking at my log, around the time the error happened, the log shows this:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AFD
    ehdrv
    epfwtdir
    Fips
    IPSec
    MRxSmb
    NetBIOS
    NetBT
    RasAcd
    Rdbss
    Tcpip

I can trace the error as far back as 6/26/09, the NVR0FLASHDev error that is.

I read this link: http://www.msfn.org/board/nvr0flashdev-service-control-manager-t127200-pid-817800.html#entry817800

Did as it said, rebooted, and it was a no go. So I deleted these registry entries as this suggested:

http://www.melendez-family.com/node/2935

Then another site told me to try re-installing nTune, but it didn't help at all.

Games like COD4 & 5 worked, but suddenly don't now, but work on my Vista boot.

Thank you for any help.(Also, I just noticed, but I posted this at 9:11...epic)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    clean install windows and this time dont install ntune

3. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Uninstall nTune, registry sweep, reboot. Then see how it is. If still hosed, then do a Restore, then delete the program, and sweep your registry.

Doing a full re-format for this is pure insanity. It's like doing a re-format just because your recent edit to a document didn't get saved. Always be ware of the "Do A Full Reformat and Re-Install" advice because it is like cracking a peanut with dynamite. Let us know how it goes and what you find, cool?

4. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    ntune isn't the fault here, the issues are symptons of further reaching Default system services issues.

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I just realized the mistake of my post above. D'oah! Seems I have egg on my face now. All apologies. :)

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well thank you, I managed to solve it eventually.

Now my issues lie elsewhere...I'll make another thread for those. Thank you for your help, though,