NVMe 1.3 Specifications are finalized with new features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 25, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Sounds good.

If experience of defragmentation already means one must be old, then I must be an ancient mummy already.

3. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Looking forward to 2TB in the $100 range, myself...;)

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I can't even count number of hours spent looking at those squares moving around while reading.

And when Windows 98 came... 1st thing I did was to enable compression. Then I realized it makes things much slower. So as 1st thing I decided to defrag, since reduced physical occupation should have created kind of fragmentation.
    That took ages. And it did not help at all. So I admitted that drive compression with iP 133 @180MHz is bad idea. And decompressed entire thing again to run another defrag.

Those were funny times, and situations like that gave me a lot of time to read or watch TV. Real TV. I did not watch real TV broadcast for over 18 years.

It was funny surprise when back in the day I wanted to connect TV to PC and realized that it was dead. It must have been dead for years, just catching dust while turned off.

5. Unilythe

Unilythe Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Right, I'm 25 years old and I remember doing that **** to speed my PC up when I was a kid. I also remember getting a really satisfied feeling seeing all those blocks move from completely deorganized to, well, somewhat organized.

6. The Average

The Average Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    What? How did you OC that one? I never managed to OC mine...486 were easy though.

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    How soon can SSDs using the newer version of the protocol realistically start appearing on the market?