NVIDIA's Windows driver version 358.70 (released 10-19-15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Oct 20, 2015.

1. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    Did a round of Nelson Bay Rush at 1920x1080 Max settings with AF 16X and Texture Filter - Quality set to High Quality in the Nvidia Nontrol Panel and MFAA Enabled (In game MSAA set to 4x) with Adaptive Vsync (In game Vsync disabled) MSI afterburner was reporting a consistent 59.9 frames with a GTX 970 Windows 10.

2. iSimilaXi

iSimilaXi Member

GPU:
    inno3D nVidia GTX680
    Unigine Valley benchmark: Ultra settings , 1920x1080, no AA Windows 8.1

FPS:82.1
    Score:3434
    Min FPS:33.6
    Max FPS:161.1

FPS:83.0
    Score:3475
    Min FPS:31.8
    Max FPS:163.1

3. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Does g sync seem to work with these drivers ?

4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    These drivers have lower FPS (on average) than the hotfix driver (358.59) in Armored Warfare. I see no G-Sync issues in Heaven or Valley so far using an Acer XB270HU monitor.

5. nexxusting

nexxusting Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Can someone who knows what they are talking about elaborate on this "Gsync issue" I see people mentioning?

I've had Gsync since 3 months after it first launched and I've never once had an issue with it. While it can't fix broken game engines that refuse to play smoothly and without stutter, I've never even once had an issue enabling it and using it. I'd know as tearing drives me insane as does stutter.

Until someone can explain this issue I call 100% PEBKAC. I find it next to impossible that I've had Gsync likely longer than most here and ive never had any issue. I also update every single new
    driver that comes out.

That would be more or less the reason I call BS. You'd think that I would have run into this issue if it existed. Maybe it's monitor specific?

4K on a 670? Really? Wow that game must not need much horsepower to run well. Cool.

Are you trying to say "Stuttering" bro? Shuttering would be a term for cameras, not PC's. :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  6. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    yeah... fifa are most optimized recent game that i see

7. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is not about probably getting 10 fps. Nvidia has promised fermi DX 12 driver. It means, nvidia has to work on this and put it on public.
    Bring the maximum potential out from fermi.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  8. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is not a miracle , when nvida rep simply disappeared from this forum and many others because of the delay of DX 12 fermi driver. Amd rep not even better, i had some experience with them too.

9. Zoson

Zoson Active Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 2080
    I've got an ROG Swift and 980 SLI. Also got my Swift on launch day. I've had a few issues:
    1. Waking monitor up after extended sleep, GSYNC does not appear as an option, and the light is white. I can get it back if I unplug the monitor's DP cable then reconnect it, or if i disable SLI and then re-enable SLI. Both solutions suck and are beyond what a user should have to do.
    2. Framerate will randomly tank and _stay_ tanked. Usually in the 15-20FPS range when I should be getting a constant 144. Multiple games on different engines. Occasionally accompanied by a TDR if I just continue to play because it's a game that doesn't require fast response. Usually requires shutting down the game and disabling GSYNC, then re-enabling it and restarting the game.
    3. Framerate will report as 144 but feel really stuttery, like a 144FPS slideshow. Quit game to windows and mouse feels fine. Restart game - still stutery. Quit and then disable GSYNC and restart, it's fine again. Never happens with GSYNC off.

All of them are annoying, but I still really like GSYNC. It works most of the time, and when it works, it's awesome.

10. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Benches looking good. New 970 G1 1506/3505MHz
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ya like camera.. maybe i use TELE. i heard change to broadcast no issue but i personally prefer TELE. i blamed FIFA 15 engine.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    lol no offense but why do people keep benching Vally or Heaven? These two benchmarks are meaningless to make any conclusions..

OT;
    I played some COD4, COD5, Dying light, POP6, Witcher3 and all ran smooth.

But idk what's up with RIFT and L4D2 on my system @win10, both are **** and don't want to run properly..

*L4D2 still only after I rename fastprox.dll otherwise shaderapidx9.dll crash,

*RIFT, it magically started one time after I updated to nod32 v9, but then it crashed again on next boot, thought its some FireWall setting, but its not.. was just a coincidence I guess..
    I've read once by gamebryo engine to disable gfx and re-enable in device manager, or something with safe mode and I was in safe mode one time in that time..

13. samusprime89

samusprime89 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Did a few benchmarks.

Tomb raider
    358.50: MIN: 134.0 MAX: 210 AVG: 172.3
    358.70: MIN: 131.4 MAX: 210 AVG: 173.4

Dying Light (main menu)
    358.50: 86FPS
    358.70: 86 FPS

Furmark (1080p preset): Min: 70 AVG: 70 MAX: 71
    no difference on either driver

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Fermi's DX12 driver is about a CPU potential not Fermi's. And NV has promised that they'll release the driver this year. Last time I checked it's not even November but we already have you drama queens running around screaming about NV's broken promises and Fermi's lost potential.

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Got DirectXDeviceRemoved 2 times in a row with a 3200ticket BF4 match with 358.59, gonna try 358.70 and see if its a fluke/unstable oc after long term.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've had the old ROG Swift and now the XB270HU. The reason I switched over to Acer was that I got pixel inversion on my old Swift (probably monitor specific) which really got annoying after a while. Apart from that it was ok until nVidia started making unnecessary changes to NVCPL. Before we only had one G-sync option and you kept V-sync disabled in all games plus ran at fullscreen in order to get the G-sync effect. Worked great in most games (except Diablo 3 and one or two others). Now we got the option to choose G-sync, ULMB or normal mode - V-sync on/off and G-sync in fullscreen or also windowed. This means that we now need to have V-sync enabled in NVCPL and all games. I guess it's fine but I preferred as it was before.

Driver specific problems we've had was that G-sync was broken in the one of the WHQLs which presented huge FPS problems when running in G-sync mode. This also happened once last year if I remember correctly.

17. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    No drama at all. We do complain because of the lack of information.

18. mr1hm

mr1hm Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super XC Ultra
    nice drivers. CSGO, BF4 and H1Z1 seems to be running well, maybe gained a few fps compared to 358.50

19. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    and 354.35 whql modded inf you tested?

20. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Business customers can get by with 4 year old drivers. They are not doing anything that even the ****tiest on board graphics can't handle. If they need multiple monitors and such, they'd most likely be on at least Win7, unless they are total morons. The "XP thing" is an excuse to cover up an under performing driver team, nothing more(I should know, I've used AMD for years) .