Nvidias GTX 590 lands March 22nd

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Course it will be, the 480's to powerful, its only got 6yr old Dx9 console ports to run :p

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Get some new material Rich_Guy, your starting to sound like a bot :)

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol i saw your orig post:D

anyway yea its enough for/sub 1920x1200 reso. (and no not just console ports), even your old 5850 or current 6970 will be heheh:p

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Infested Nexus has returned?!

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Any other 590 cards for testing coming your way boss?

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You should never shop at Ocuk,they aint that good tbh.:)

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, their Customer Service isn't the best i've heard, but for AMD stuff they are usually the cheapest.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is actually quite a positive review for the GTX590, would be a decent buy if it was the same price as the 6990, but since they are getting cheaper the gap is widening.

Also until they have proven the burning thing is no more, and the card can be overclocked to 580 speeds, people will be aprehensive.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh good rich so your off the blowing up thing and now its just that the 6990 is faster.
    thats more like it them are facts :)

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes, it is a fact that the 6990 is the fastest card on the planet :)

Also found this :-

Poll: What's the world's fastest graphics card?

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20687

Looks like quite a few agree :p

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    AMD does have "proper" 3D support.... AMD just chooses to follow industry standards as opposed to deviating from them like nVidia does.

AMD requires an HDMI 1.4a or DisplayPort 1.2 compatible 3D display and accompanying 3D glasses.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/radeon-barts-3d-hdmi-hd3d,12403.html

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Do you know why they deviated, or did you just skim through that.

Would be an interesting article if not for the contradictions, looked like two different people writing it.

So it sounds like you can't use a 3DTV with an Nvidia card, but.......

You seriously think AMD's implementation is as good at the moment, even though you read this.

At the moment AMD is only good for movies, the drivers are free and 1080/24 is all you need.
    For games, not so much, its $25 for the software, which isn't AMD software, which im sure makes their lifes easier, and then you have to choose to either game at 720p/60 or 1080p/24:puke2:

You may have to pay for BluRay playback, but being able to game at 1080p at 120hz more than makes up for it.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    AMD's 3D implementation works for gaming as well.

There's also this....
    And...
    I'd rather pay $25....as opposed to $40-$140....especially when you consider that either way you have to have a 3D capable display for proper operation. Currently, nVidia's 3D Vision only works for gaming and requires an extra driver which you have to purchase for $40....or $140 if you need the shutter glasses as well....if you wish to use it for watching movies. Both still require 3rd party software such as PowerDVD or ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theater.

BTW, nVidia has the same framerate limitation of 24fps@1080P using HDMI....which if you're connecting to a big screen TV, is the prefered connection type. As long as the gameplay is smooth and fluid, I don't see where the framerate is really an issue. Also, with DisplayPort adoption picking up....the limitation with HDMI won't be an issue at all much longer. But, either way....AMD does in fact have "proper" 3D support....and is fully industry compliant.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I never said it didn't work for gaming, but for people who already have 3D ready monitors, why would they pick AMD when its limited to 24hz at 1080p, when with Nvidia they could have 120hz at 1080p.

Why do you seem to think the need for shutter glasses doesn't affect AMD, if you have a 3D monitor with no glasses, it doesn't matter what video card you have, it aint going to work lol.

The 3D Vision Kit is only for use on standard 120hz screens, so is a very cheap upgrade for those existing owners, and as far as i know AMD don't have a similar product, so even if you had a 120hz screen you would have to buy a new HD3D compatible one, and even then your stuck with a very small selection of screens if your don't want to use a TV.

Never said Nvidia didn't have the same limitation over HDMI 1.4, nothing you can do about about the lack of bandwith, and 1080/24 is anything but smooth, as someone who suffered from the Crysis 24hz HDTV bug, i can definetly confirm that.

DisplayPort 1.2 adoption picking up, since when? I know the US gets stuff first, but i have yet to even see one to buy anywhere.

AMD and Nvidia both have industry compliant 3D, so maybe i shouldn't of said Nvidia had "proper 3D" but non crap 3D instead.

No idea why this is such a big issue for you, its a well know fact that Nvidia's 3D is much better than AMD's, the fact that they outsourced the software means it isn't important to them, its also a well know fact that AMD's multi-monitor support is much better than Nvidia's.

They are both considered gimmicks by many anyway, AMD favour one, and Nvidia favour the other.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011