Nvidia's 7 series mobo artifact

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by DaddyD302, May 2, 2008.

1. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti
    Anyone seen anything like this? Theres a huge discussion on eVGA's 780i forum about this. I don't have the video playback artifact, but I do get artifacts in gaming and this was after I switched from the 680i to the 780i, brand new reinstall of XP and Vista. I have yet to test gaming on XP, as I just installed it, but on Vista, I get artifacts from gaming, weird colors. I'll have to relog into Vista later to get the SS from a few games I took SS of.

Well heres the link for that issue, which has been going on since Feb, and Nvidia is aware of it. I hope someone knows a way to fix it.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=253891&mpage=1&key=&#253891

2. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    I own that board and I have too say off all the issues people have had, I've had none what so ever great mobo.

3. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti

Have you watched any moives or clips online? It's so random, you never know when it's gonna hit you. I thought I avoided it til a few days ago when I was watching youtube, and it hit me. Before that I could watch alot of youtube and not see the artifacts. By the way what drivers are you using?

Anyways I think I solved the gaming artifact it might be that the 2nd card wasn't properly put in.

4. frisell

frisell Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 280GTX OC 1G

Last edited: May 5, 2008

5. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    I don't watch alot maybe 1 or 2 movies a week, and I really don't have much time too. sorry

6. Konceptz

Konceptz Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 8800GT SSC in SLI
    I can honestly say I've never had any of the issues people seem to be having the with 680/780 chipsets.

I'm guess if you run the latest chipset and graphics drivers you wont have an issue.

I always do.

So i dunno, all I really do on my machine is gaming, movie encoding, streaming, downloading, music, etc. So I dunno.

7. Kipasa

Kipasa New Member

GPU:
    3 x 8800GTX SLI
    hey daddyd302, i have the exact same problem as u. i thought it was driver issues. i'm on tri-sli so it might be an sli issue. worse yet, wen it happens to me (usually wen i fullscreen youtube or other flv based video sites) i get the flickering and driver stopped working but has recovered successfully problem. i'm on 175.51WHGL now and the issue hasnt happened for the past day or so but it'll probably come back....

:(

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    oh no, im getting one soon, and i guarantee you ill have this kinda crap knowing my luck

9. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 3080ti
    This is not a driver issue, it's been going on since Feb, and just recently Nvidia admitted to it and now are working on a fix. Four months of this bug is unacceptable and some people may not even know it's there because they barely watch any videos on their computer. Until Nvidia can fix this we are all SoL.

Only time I saw it was on youtube and my system just froze up. I had to hard reset. Now I just avoid youtube or any other video relate things.