NVIDIA will suspend all operations in Russia and relocate its staff.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Can't imagine "NVIDIA" as a succesful Scandinavian corporation or anywhere else in the world outside the USA. They would be sue to oblivion for all the shady shits they've been doing since 1993.

Probably an even worse company than Apple.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    Valken and Neo Cyrus like this.
  2. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    HAHA as if one man makes the whole nation bad? Why are any of them still in the USA? We could say Bush, Obama, Trump, ..ooh and Biden.

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You are correct about that Russia itself isn't the problem, but you are wrong if you think that it is only Putin.

Valken and anticupidon like this.
  4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I mean they could overthrow their president. It's not like there isn't precedent for this. You're also forgetting about all the oligarchs and whatnot.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is the correct response, it only takes a little bit of effort to learn about the many hundreds of years of russia doing this to it's neighbors, this instance of what it is doing to Ukraine is not the first instance of these kinds of atrocities.

As for Nvidia, probably wanted to sell all it's inventory before getting out of dodge..... I mean, it's freaking Nvidia, the money comes first.

Nopa likes this.
  6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Careful there, you really don't know all the relevant information.

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Let's try to keep politics out of it. It's hard, but let's try.

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I deleted my post. I was going to say something lol, but I'm wasting my time. So i will just leave it like this, I support Russia, and i support everyone in Russia that is against the war and Putin.
    Have a nice day.

Nopa and Deleted member 282649 like this.
  9. Stefem

Stefem Active Member

GPU:
    They stopped selling product not longer after the invasion along others like Intel and AMD
    They had a research center in russia and they had to decide where to move which was eventually decided months ago (back in April if I'm not wrong) but you need to be sure you get all authorization and bureaucratic stuff before moving employees (and equipment as you pointed out), you don't move entire family back and forth like packages.

NVIDIA isn't greedier than any other company, AMD sell consumer CPU for $700 and in the past even for $1000 with no AIB in between and much cheaper to make as a graphics card like the RTX 4090 for example have a big cooler, beefy VRM, a complex PCB with special working to lower SNR usually reserved for professional products, 24GB of cutting edge RAM and a big die mounted on a substrate while CPU have smaller die on a substrate, an IHS and a mediocre cooler maybe.
    It's fair not liking current pricing but I find hypocritical that who screams greed for graphics cards prices they are fine with CPUs ones

Kaarme likes this.
  10. Stefem

Stefem Active Member

GPU:
    Take even less to learn that they stopped supplying products at the begin of the current invasion, it's as easy as actually reading the article...

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Russians will just buy Arc gpus. :D

Valken likes this.
  13. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    It's possible for them to buy all 3 brands via Chinese apps/sites like Alibaba, AliExpress, Wish, etc... Although, it will be mostly 2nd hand GPUs.

Valken, Kaarme and Why_Me like this.
  14. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Thanks for the info. That does explain things. I suppose they could have closed the office immediately while still retaining the employees, but it would be pointless and actually frustrating for the workers to get paid without doing anything. Plus it would damage their skills after a while.

CPUs are the worst. They may have less transistors than GPUs, and don't contain RAM, a massive cooling solution, all the power delivery and regulation stuff, and so forth, yet they used to cost as much as whole graphics cards. However, one evil doesn't justify another. It's not like manufacturers would have been selling graphics cards for deficit in the past. GDDR6 would be cheaper now than when it was brand new. A PCB, ordered straight from China, costs pennies. EVGA stated it made no profit with the flagship sales. It sounds so weird that, if true, the only answer is Nvidia charging an arm, a leg, and a kidney for the GPU chip itself. That was either pure greed or manufacturing a huge monolithic die was incredibly inefficient. However, considering Nvidia itself wouldn't definitely sell it for deficit (Founders Edition), overcharging the board partners is the natural answer. What is that if not greed?

A business enterprise's first priority is to make money, so it's not like I wouldn't understand the greed, but it doesn't mean I should like it as a consumer.

Valken likes this.
  15. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Is there a difference? Ethier way your still free to be both if there is.