1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA Will Fully Implement Async Compute Via Driver Support, Oxide Confirms

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Sep 5, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    So you believe a 980ti is a bad purchase?

2. Bezzie

Bezzie Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 Ghz Edition
    Thats cute all these nvidia users feeling what AMD had to go through the last 10 years with scheming companies like nvidia and intel, they deserve this and i hope AMD finally gets the loving they deserve.
    I've been using AMD for a long time and all the bull**** benchmarks and stupid media posts of how nvidia was so much better than anything AMD/ATi related was secretly being bought by lies, AMD set out to cover all area's of computing be it apple metal vulkan and dx12 to expose these lies well done i hope nvidia users enjoy sticking to Windows 7 and 8.1 :D

EDIT: Also the half ass'd asynchronous software driver will probably cause more problems than anything imho.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

that was a helpful post guess your really into AMD I agree AMD has gone through a lot mostly due to there drivers and planning more for the future rather than the games of today
    The benchmark results are real AMD supporting games on release was the problem AMD always got better over time and normally ended up quicker than NVidia.
    AMD did do well with Mantle/DX12 there plan of less work for them will pay of and will be better for AMD GPUs the weak link was amd game support now game devs will do the work now.

as for NVidia the GPU war will continue and I can honestly say NVidia users will enjoy DX12 but will get less of a boost due to much better DX11 drivers.

As for Async compute and NVidia we will see.

4. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    The 290X is under $300. And it had better frame times than the $650 card.

Its also below the 390.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    The 290x/390/980/980Ti/Fury X/Fury all perform roughly the same in that benchmark.

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Since the Nvidia driver will turn the CPU into the scheduler that AMD has in the GPU, it will only mean that Nvidia owners will need a beefier CPU to get the same result in this single task, as the CPU will still obviously need to perform the usual CPU tasks in addition to this new one. I very much doubt it would be any issue for the usual review site's super strong i7s. Might be an issue for the owners of weak CPUs, but those won't be expecting miracles anyway when playing games. They probably lower game details anyway for multiple reasons.