Nvidia will Bundle Watch Dogs 2 with Series 10 Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    NVIDIA Will bundle good drivers with series 10 graphics cards

3. benjamin

benjamin Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte1060 oc
    I am thinking about the up grade of a new graphics card and it is always a juggle at Christmas and to try and get the best deal for your money, I have always tried to get the second teir card for the best performance without blowing a hole in the budget and I have always tried to do this all the way back to the old gt 7900gs [old] its been a struggle at times but it has always worked out for me by giving me good performance and lasting that little bit longer while keeping decent game performance and good game detail, the old gts 8800 640 mb was one of those cards ,nearly the performance of the 8800 gtx 768 mb much lower price, I think that was the best way to get proper decent game performance for the best price, but they are still pricey and it can be hard to do because kids the wife they are also pricey! but you guys will have to agree that times are a changing and nivida are charging just too much now, yes the performance you get now is just crazy good right now but even that second tier gtx 1070 is just out of reach and with nivida bringing out these uber ti"s the 970 or the 1070 are no longer the second tier cards they more like the great mid range cards we was able to get, but it is not breaking news NVidia are just being down right greedy and it makes that upgrade that we all love and take time and great pleasure planning and drooling about is just a stress fest now, don't get me wrong they are in the business of making money but the greed I find it hard to except those great second tier cards for that attractive price are no more, and no top title game is going to make the deal attractive, I love the graphics card up grade it is awesome in lots of ways cranking up the detail in the games that started to struggle new bench mark scores and comparing your new toy to your old one, bollocks to that triple A game NVidia and bring those graphic card prices back into the land of the living, bring it back NVidia, FOR THE GAMERS !

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Context! :p

Not that I disagree with you but I wanna also point out that the prices of the GTX 970 until 9 months ago were between €320-400ish.

So until 9 months ago, the 17months then old GTX 970 wasn't all that cheaper vs the now 5 months old GTX 1070 right now(€400-480ish).

And also the actual launch/release prices were $329 for the GTX 970 vs $379 for the GTX 1070.

A $50 increase in price for about 50% performance increase.

I completely agree about the Nvidia price gouging but what's funny is that if we take Battlefield 1 FPS price/performance ratio as an example at 1080p the GTX 1070 is better at launch prices:

GTX 1070/$379 = 125 FPS $3/FPS
    GTX 970/$329 = 88 FPS $3.7/FPS

Just my 0.03c. :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

5. benjamin

benjamin Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte1060 oc
    I think back in the day at what I paid my, 7900 gs was about £170 my 8800 gts was about £260 then a gtx 260 was £280 then I got married and it was a while! and got the gtx 760 at about £180 so am looking at an up grade and I see these prices now! man **** has changed! overclockers £360+for a second tier card [until ti] **** has gone up, I wish my pay check would of gone up like that, so for me there is no game out there that makes that deal sweet!! but your break down of price vs fps is cool I like that an you must of been slick in maths class koniakki!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016