1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Think i read in a review earlier today that TSAA will be enabled in the next driver set.

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    You can't.

That's from the GTX680 review.

3. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Well, it seems to work good according to the reviews out there but tomorrow we'll know :)

4. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    In my opinion, unless they were running something from the 200 series or earlier or a low end 400/500 series, no one with a gtx 460 or more should have upgraded to the GTX 680.

If you look at the architecture gap between Fermi and Keplar, it still isnt as big as Keplar to Maxwell.

So if i go from Fermi to Maxwell and it comes out at least at 8x performance or more over Fermi, then I'll be as excited as you all that bought GTX 680's are.

But anyone with a mid to high end 400/500 series card should stick with their cards until Maxwell. Not even 2x the gain from Fermi to Keplar.

The only reason I went to Fermi and not waited for Keplar is because i was running 3x 9800 GTX+'s with a 512mb only framebuffer. If the 9800's had more memory, i would have waited for Keplar.

3 years is the ideal amount you should wait with your current GPU unless we end up making 4k monitors.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Hopefully we'll see a GTX 680 graphics demo from NVIDIA that showcases TXAA otherwise it's a useless feature until a game comes out that uses it.

6. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    if, they knew how they wouldn't ask for help don't you ever have anything positive to add every post you've ever written is allways negative.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Wait, was it the SMILEY in my post that made you throw yet another of your frequent tantrums? Here's a pacifier. :)

8. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    This is very strange, because I added in INF-file the entire list of video cards. Maybe you put INF in only English version drivers? Because I did for the International.

[​IMG]

9. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    tantrum. no just pointing out you've allways been a monumental douchebag as usual i bet you get picked on alot in real life by the bigger kids and location in your girllfriend please that just reinforces the douchebag statement.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Are you really 45 or should that be 4.5? Couple of points here tiny:

A) I started this thread to provide something for others to try out.
    B) It literally takes longer to make a post asking for a modified INF that it does actually modifying your own AND the instructions on how to do it are stickied. Encouraging others learn how to do it is a plus in my view.

Now why don't you run along and beat up your Teddy-bear or whatever you use.

11. Jincuteguy

Jincuteguy Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128/Mb
    Will Adaptive Vsync work with 500 series cards? like gtx 560ti?

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you're using the English or International version of the driver and you have a vanilla EVGA 580 all you need to add to the INF is

%NVIDIA_DEV.1080% = Section035, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1080

in the these two sections

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] and [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]

Then under [Strings] near the end of the file, add
    NVIDIA_DEV.1080 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580"

13. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    clever.have help writing this heres a few points 1:don't ever try to outthink someone it's only going to embarass you,2:every post on here you've ever made was totally useless and never helped anybody it's only helped your bloated ego.and 3:never try to be clever it's just pathetic i can count your IQ points on one hand i'd love to write more about your mental short commings but you bore me.And we're done here

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Banecomes, stay out of this thread if you're going to start making personal insults.

15. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    really then i think you should tell hevi the same don't you think?

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    You're the one starting with the insults, much like you did in the last thread you posted in. So why don't we let the thread get back on topic.

17. Arctucas

Arctucas Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Help me put here; is 6.0 not Vista and 6.1 not win7? Or am I misinterpreting that? I only add the ID string for my 460 to 6.1 (I am using Win7), and in the [Strings] of course, it always works.

18. ragtag

ragtag Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    It will be implemented for the 4 and 5 series later, if i remember it correctly from the guru3d review of the gtx680.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yes. I just put in both out of force of habit and that way, I don't have to worry if they are using Vista or Win7.

20. connta

connta Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660Ti TwinFrozr IV
    disabling this driver to install without moded inf for previous cards is just a slap in the face to all the current customers.

and i am very sure that any of the new features are not hardware bound.