1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh god, absolutely, yeah! The card itself is a beast on the default settings but what impresses me the most about it is the GPU Boost feature which makes overclocking so easy. Others might wonder what makes this feature so special, after all overclocking graphics cards is nothing new, but you have to play around with it to understand what a difference it makes to the game experience.

To elaborate, I play games at 60 fps with v-sync and triple buffering on so the GPU Boost, depending on the demands of the game, will typically overclock the card to maintain that level of performance. But not always as sometimes a game doesn't need to be overclocked to run at 60 fps, e.g. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

What that means is that it only uses what power it needs, which varies from game to game, which in turns means less heat than you'd get from a conventional overclock (which may be much higher for a particular game than is actually neeeded to maintain 60 fps). If you leave the Global Performance setting on Adaptive then the card will even UNDERclock itself if it doesn't require 1,006 MHz on the core to run at 60 fps. I tested this with Skyrim and the core dipped to 860 MHz while still running at 60 fps without a single stutter or hitch. If you turn v-sync off then the card will clock itself as high as it can manage while maintaining the set TDP. It's a really impressive piece of tech IMO that works straight out of the box but can be tweaked further by enthusiasts to max. out the performance further.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G strix
    Darren>>>>>> you enjoying your card ya. whats the TDP?

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's stated TDP is 195 W but since it uses 2 x 6-pin PCI-E connectors the Power Limiter can be raised to +132% to allow for the full 250 W if needed. That gives it plenty of overclocking potential.

4. Life On Mars

Life On Mars Member

GPU:
    No System
    Very nice, the more I look at these cards the more I want one. My next card methinks.......if not SLI ( will have to convice the missus though:banana:)

:)

5. wintermutex

wintermutex Member

GPU:
    EVGA Nvidia 680 GTX
    this driver overrides my AB fan curve in 3d clocks when the hotclocks change.

kind of annoying :(

6. xm8z

xm8z Active Member

GPU:
    TBA
    why we cant select maximum pre-render frame = 0 ??? , min value i can see in NCP is 1,

but in nvidia inspector we have all the values??? use thte value 0 for bf3 mp ...

any fix for the case ??

http://i39.tinypic.com/apgef.jpg

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    I would think that zero means no frames are rendered, there must always be 1 frame buffer at least.
    Perhaps NVidia have changed how they describe it to this fashion?

8. pipes

pipes Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 ti oc lab
    Who of you to tried batman arkham city with the 301.10?
    I to the resolution of 3840x2160 have had a maddish decrease in comparison to the 296.10, around the 15/20 fps :-(

9. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    I cant get these to install. I have tried alot of INF files and it just says no compatibility. I have the international 64bit drivers and a geforce 470.

10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Honestly, people..if you do not have a 680...just wait.

If it is a struggle to install these drivers for you, have patience.

These will not magically make any difference. Stop, and think.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Well, they do add fxaa and adaptive vsync.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    BF3 and Skyrim seem to run perfectly fine with these on my Vista64/GTX470soc setup.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does anyone with a GTX 680 and using the v301.10 drivers have Bully Scholarship Edition still installed to check if they're getting the same weird black body/arms glitch on the lead character as I am (the pants and head are fine). Everyone else looks fine, including the other pupils, so I'm wondering if it is a driver bug or whether I need to reinstall the game because one of the texture files has somehow gotten corrupted.

14. nakquada

nakquada Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Forgive my silly question, but why are you running Vista64, when Win764 would be a far better option? I don't mean it in a rude way, just curious why people use Vista64 and not 7.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Honestly, because I found no reason to upgrade and waste my time and money. Vista 64 has been doing me just fine.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    simply put, its not free.

17. nakquada

nakquada Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    Ah, I suppose, that's an awfully valid point. Fair enough so!

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Someones not used to paying.

19. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    So far SLI works pretty good on GTX680 SLI, at least on the games I have tried (Battlefield 3, Red Orchestra 2, Batman Arkham City, The Witcher 2, and Mass Effect 3).

20. nakquada

nakquada Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    If that comment was aimed at me, then I would like you to know that I indeed own a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, which I purchased about a year or 2 ago. All of my software, including over 1,000 PC games is legal and payed for with my own hard coin.