Nvidia WHQL 301.10 is now live.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HeavyHemi, Mar 22, 2012.

1. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    You're probably just saying that because you don't know how to dual boot. :)

There are plenty of great games that only work on Windows XP. The best strategy games ever created, Act of War & it's expansion are two such games and there are plenty more.

2. bloodfx

bloodfx Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 760
    Anyone getting a blurry desktop and games with the international 64bit and international 64bit inf?

3. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Using an older OS to play/run older games/applications is fine, but is there really a demand for updated graphics drivers for an outdated operating system? If you're dual booting, there is certainly no need to run the same driver versions (for any piece of hardware) between the two OS's. Use whichever release works best for your given situation. Nvidia shouldn't be expected to devote resources to support everything going back to their inception, it simply isn't cost effective especially when there is pretty much guaranteed to be a driver already in existence that would suit my needs perfectly.

4. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    If you do you probably enabled FXAA globally, check the Global Settings profile and set it to OFF.

5. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    How do you use this? the page that comes up is text. I tried copy & paste but no joy :bang:

6. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Right click over link, save link as. That's all ;)

7. septro

septro New Member

GPU:
    GTX480
    The finally put the start menu/taskbar under the center display with Nvidia Surround.

That's been annoying since day one and its good to see a fix.

8. progrox

progrox Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 2GB OC
    FXAA works great with this driver on a GTX 275.

9. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Workaround: Uncheck "present several frames in advance" under "Rendering-exclusive mode settings" on MadVR Configuration.

10. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 G1 8GB

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    any one notice that card dont go to low 2d state (50mhz) im on desktop not doing noting.
    revert to 296.10 whql
    i dont care about fxaa and vsync.

12. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    my card clocks down perfectly fine when power is in adaptive state, which I have noticed that whenever you change that setting, you need to restart your pc for it to take effect.

13. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    My card clocks down to 50 at desktop even if its not set to adaptive state.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    maibe i need clean install

15. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Fixed the settings for ya, much better fps now ;)

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    NVIDIA always release a new driver exclusively for their new graphics card(s), so that isn't unusual (we've had three I believe: my card came with v300.83 WHQL on a CD and I've seen v300.99 as well as the latest v301.10 WHQL too). It's only the fact that these contain new features that is annoying but I'm sure a beta driver will quickly follow for all cards, again, as normally happens.

TXAA will also be supported for older cards too though I've read some say it's for GeForce 8 and later cards and others says it is for Fermi and Kepler only. Time will tell which it is.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Oh, I realise that.

What I meant to say was that if a game, for example, sent *exactly* 60 frames per second to my 60 Hz display, without ever fluatuating, then I would not see any screen tearing at all without v-sync enabled because the display and graphics card would already be perfectly synced to show one complete frame every single refresh of the screen. Of course, in practice that never happens.

What puzzles me though is why when I limit the framerate in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II to 30 fps, a game that is capped at 30 fps but without a v-sync option, using the hidden NVIDIA Inspector setting, why do I still see screen tearing? If the graphics card is only allowed to output 30 frames per second by the game and driver, and my display is 60 Hz, then shouldn't one frame be shown every two refreshes? Why is the game still tearing? :3eyes:

18. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    Anyone know if nvidia will release this driver for the 4 series cards? Some of the new features sound amazing.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I reckon you'll see one soon, within a couple of weeks. But why not just installed a modded version of v301.10 now? When I tried them on my GTX 580 they were working perfectly.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    are you using this tool ? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=331504