Nvidia Updates GeForce Experience Accounts and Passwords now mandatory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 6, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Bashing modern classics like The Witcher doesn't help your case.

2. indi3d

indi3d Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 Strix 4GB
    I know, it is hard to grasp the fact how somebody can bash something he owns. Having feelings of attachement to graphic cards, "quazi modern classic games" or stuff in general is childish and immature. Loving your graphic cards so much, that denial is a "classic modern" reaction to any criticism, even if it is true....well that's just alarmingly weird.
    The fact is and will remain, the green camp is having waaaayyyy bigger problems since 2014 than red camp has ever had in the past or now. The green camp is playing dirty with prices and limitations of their products. The green camp was having BIG problems with their products in the near past as well. The red camp is doing things much better pricewise and continious performancewise practicaly as well as not lying about their products for the past 10-15 years.
    Those are facts by now :). But for some people facts are hard to accept and they rather call them horsepoop than to stop buying faulty green cards.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. dean469

dean469 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480GTR @1385
    Then you obviously haven't read the thread about the nearly world ending power draw problem on the RX480.

4. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    i use shadowplay, so i dont mind, as long as it means they will change CP to that as well, or at least upgrade it.

@indi3d
    how many times has amd/ati promised to equal/top intel/nv chip performance? how many times have they actually delivered? my last (ever) encounter with ati was to install on a rig with previous nv install. never worked right, even after cleaning. never any problems installing nv drivers on a (previously ati) since i mess with building/fixing computers (2002). never had any major trouble with nv drivers (except chipset), but then i dont instantly upgrade drivers and always wait a bit.

and as soon as the 1060 is out, even price will not help the 480 much, since the nv will be cooler/more efficient and less noisy.
    even at 300$ for 980 to 980ti level (depending on clocks, which should be better than 104) is it worth to me.

and no, 8gb vram will not make a diff, at least when running FHD/UHD res and decent game settings, the card will run out of playable fps, as a 980ti oced already does when running siege with UHD DSR.

and check the latest futuremark Dx12 to see the massive gains in async we see. or not...

there are two reasons to buy a 480/470. price or crossfire.
    all others are in nvs favor.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016

5. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Great, just great! I got a 1070 two weeks ago and I find out that:
    a) the nVidia Control Panel is garbage (still using Windows XP style icons?!)
    b) nVidia forces upon the users this mandatory login crap - the very same reason I stopped using a Razer Blackwidow + Deathadder combo

I really like how the 1070 performs compared to the 2.5 years old R9 290 and how ShadowPlay works with minimal impact but still, this software mess leaves me with a bitter taste. What's the point of forcing people to login with Google/Facebook other than to harvest data?!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Next thing they´re gonna do is to merge the control panel into the gfe bloatware, don´t support this garbage.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I'd actually prefer if this happens lol -- i guess I wouldn't mind if the old control panel stuck around, but I'd like all those settings to be present in Experience.

8. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Next they're going to have like a good design and thoughtful layout. Then they're going to stop it from pausing every time you make a change. What's next? They give us performance increases or something?

****ing Nvidia.

9. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For starters, they should strip the driver package off the gfe software and save us time and bandwidth, two different things.