1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Unified(nforce 2/3/4) 8.22 by Squall/{HLH}

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by {HLH}, Dec 5, 2005.

1. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

GO here for the newer updated version

new drivers are now on guru3d, check out the first post for links

where as the original ethernet driver only had one device id, the new one has 4 so should work on the majority of the nrm ethernet controllers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2005
  2. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

bumpyness eee bump

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

ok, for anyone who had issues installing the ethernet driver on nforce 3 and 4, pls try the package from source 2

source 1 still needs updating.. the free file host is updating (server migration i believe via car lol)

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I will replace the binary on our file-servers with this updated one. Next time you need to host the file just PM me, works much quicker then me stumbling into a thread by accident ;)

5. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

lol sorry, will do :)

just don't use source 1, its older then source 2 as the server i hosted that on was updating its file upload system

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sure ..

Gnah, you had 4000+ downloads on this file alone of Guru3D.com already. You do know I'm charging you a cent a byte right ?

7. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    hehe someones in trouble.

I still have not tried these yet...sigh

I get my new ram today and have off Thursday so I can try them then.

8. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Uninstall old nforce drivers and driver cleaner in safe mode the proper way to do it?

Should/can the new drivers be installed in safe mode?

I know this is a noob question but I had to ask what's the best way.

9. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

you should install them in real mode,.. that way if you get a problem you can roll back.. safe mode doesn't allow the rollback feature to save the previous drivers

10. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

:D

whats the conversion rate from aussie to where you are hilbert :p lol

that was a joke right? coz im screwed if it wasn't.

4000x 27.9mb/1024/x8 lol im screwed.. and that equation is wrong... lol

11. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    I don't use System Restore, with all driver installs I just make a Acronis image and then restore it if I have problems or don't like it.
    It takes an extra 5-10 minutes to do it this way but it works well.

12. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

kool, wel safemode will be ok then.. it doesn't matter either way coz the reboot is what makes the difference

if you didn't already know windows finalises driver installs on the loading screen (the one with the windows symbol and the blue/green loading bar)

sometimes people think thier computers hung after a driver update when its just finalising the install coz it just sits and sits and sits

thats usually when the ide driver has been updated

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I forwarded that joke to the guys from Futuremark once .. I think they choked on some food :)

Gotta love math, bits, bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, petabytes, and exabytes.

1 megabyte is 1,024 KB is 1,048,576 bytes.

3DMark03 186MB x 2541681 downloads = 36276535296 bytes
    3DMark05 283MB x 987736 downloads = 279529288 bytes

Cha...ching :)

14. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

you know.. seeing the pic of you in that pic the staff thread / pic thing.. you remind me of this jerk off that threatened me once... lil european jerkoff, if his kids weren't there i woulda smacked him one, but i got more brains then that. lol.. you do it when theres no witnesses ;)

lol

i'll work out the equation to convert it directly from mb to cents eventually :D

hey was just thinking.. is there a way to redirect people going to the old thread to this one?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2005
  15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    all done bro

16. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

your a legend bro!
    :)
    lets see all the posts saying i screwed up peoples machines roll in lol :D

this new version as i said no longer has whql on the nforce 5.09 nrm ethernet driver, this is becoz i've added about 5-6 entries from 5.10s nrm and 6.70's nrm so that these support nforce 3 mobos and more nforce4 mobo's

both infs are perfectly identical other then the device id's and im sure that the nforce4 ethernet driver files will work fine on nforce3

(kinda like tweaking an forceware info to support a geforce2) :D

17. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    I was wondering if acronis will make a mirror image of a raid 0 setup so I could restore to a clean install. Norton can't do raid:bolt:

18. ViperBoy

ViperBoy Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800NU AGP
    Finally - many thanks for putting this together! The V2 release works well on my nForce3 250gb ASUS k8n-e deluxe and does not cause a bluescreen when installing the network driver like some other versions do.

The only thing I have different is the newer 4.4.0 GART from another remix - including that would make everything fully up-to-date that I know about (I don't use nVidia disk drivers though)

19. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    I am so looking forward to putting these in my rig tonight......thanks in advance if it works well

And you bastard you messed up my machine if it doesn't:)

20. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

i don't like the look of that 4.40 gart, i couldn't find any sites hosting a driver with that version in it so im skeptical as to where the file was originally obtained
    even if its legit i doubt its any more then a version update with nothing special inside.

1 person likes this.