Nvidia Unified(nforce 2/3/4) 8.22 by Squall/{HLH}

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by {HLH}, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

2. kingyubbo

kingyubbo Member

[​IMG]

I get nothing!

3. ViperBoy

ViperBoy Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800NU AGP
    That screen shot shows that you aren't using the nVidia driver - should say "nVidia nforce (serial or ata) controller". You can try right clicking on the standard pci ide device and upgrading the driver manually - not sure why the SW IDE installer didn't work for you but I had a similar problem on some system a long time back with a stock driver set so it probably isn't an issue with the remix

4. ViperBoy

ViperBoy Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800NU AGP
    Looks like you might have a partial install. The channel properties panel looks right, but the main device manager page definitely should only have a single of something like "NVIDIA nforce? Parallel ATA (or serial) Controller" and no individual entries for primary and secondary channels. Another option is to remove (del key) all 3 lines in device manager and try installing the SW driver again

5. mr_47

mr_47 Guest

GPU:
    G RTX 3080TI GOC
    <------------------------my pc spec!

which one is the best for my spec???

im using plain abit NF7 v2.0 without sata!!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  6. kingyubbo

kingyubbo Member

I did what you said, and i got BSOD's after 20 seconds in windows :frown: What the hell? I had to safe mod and revert back to the windows ones.

I have a DFI Ultra-D NF4 and rig as per <-

7. mr_47

mr_47 Guest

GPU:
    G RTX 3080TI GOC
    huhu installed the pakage with new nvidia 3dcard driver!

and its rock stable!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  8. kingyubbo

kingyubbo Member

Everyone on a NF2 is working, not my NF4

9. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Installed these last night and no problems so far.Only drivers that didn't install was the audio and ethernet but,that's cause my nf7-s2g mobo uses realtek audio and via lan card.

10. cgrossi

cgrossi New Member

amazing improvement on my nforce 2 rig.

11. lindamay

lindamay New Member

Unified Remix

Just a note to let you know that I tried your remix for Nvidia graphics card.

Long Story: (see end for short story, lol)
    I started my quest for an answer around the 10th because I got a stop screen that referenced my Nvidia driver. In my quest I was advised I had a worm, that my Bios might need work, or that an update of my driver would be a solution.
    I am using a Dell Inspiron 8200 that has Windows XP, (this was cited somewhere as a probable source - incompatiblity with Nvidia?).
    I have used this laptop for the past 3 years to play an RPG game without this sort of problem. The game I play is crafted in Flash and they did a large program update previous to my problem.
    After the problem (blue screen) happened I could not remain in the program. I would be booted with the resultant Blue Screen and was required to turn off the puter to regain control.

I tried downloading a new driver from Nvidia to no avail , they indicated there was no new driver for my card (in fact I didn't see my card referenced in their information) Nvidia GeForce2 Go
    So, somehow ended up here and found this Remix. I saw the caution but figured that nothing else worked so I tried it to see if it would solve the problem.

Short story: It fixed my blue screen problem and I can play this game again.

So TYTYTYTYTYTYT
    lindamay

12. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

eck.. damn.. i know whats up kingyubbo

i got this same issue when i first modded the driver on nforce2,.. i worked it out by splitting the driver.

the installer doesn't copy all the files but a manual install does, i dunno why this happens but im dl 6.82 and 7.15 right now to work it out :)

13. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

holy crap.. i just found a typo in the ethernet driver, :O

the polling interval enum is being set to 2000.. :O

14. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

YO, dudes,.. i have just analysed the 7.15 inf and i now know where i've gone very wrong

next version will fix it :D

15. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

lolz, kingyubbo.. the reason it wouldn't work for you is coz i messed up very very badly lolz

just looking at the drivers

the Intel 7.15's support all currently released ATA / SATA controllers except for the new 430/410 controller .... this shall make life muchly easier :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2005

16. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

17. r_d@btopenworld

r_d@btopenworld New Member

I've been trying to install the remix drivers of the nVidia chipset drivers and have been having problems with the included 'smbus' v4.50. Had the same problem trying to use the official nVidia v6.70 drivers as well. If I deselect smbus at install time, all the other drivers install perfectly. Don't use nVidia firewall though - have had problems with that!

If I try to install smbus, my PC goes through the bios POST, tries to start WinXP but fails and re-boots. Will start in safe mode though! I've tried uninstalling all nVidia drivers first and disabling firewall, AV and anti-spyware tools but always end up with the same problem.

Have had no problems with the previous versions - ASUS drivers v6.65 or nVidia drivers v6.66 which use smbus v4.45.

Is the smbus driver important? Am I correct in assuming that if the nVidia version doesn't install the MS drivers will load by default?

Any ideas? Apart from this (and nVidia firewall) I've never had any other problems and with the remix drivers my PC feels faster and more responsive.

Using:
    ASUS A8N-SLI Premium (nForce4) with bios 1009
    WinXP Pro SP2 (32 bit)
    Athlon 64 4800+
    Matched pair Corsair RAM 2x 1Gbyte @2 3 3 6 1T
    (never had any problems with this RAM)
    1 Sparkle GeForce 6600GT video card
    2x 200GByte Maxtor DiamondMax 10 RAID 0 (nForce4 RAID)
    1x 300GByte Maxtor DiamondMax 10 for data backup
    1x Pioneer DVD writer
    1x Philips CD writer
    USB Mouse and Keyboard
    nVidia LAN port

No overclocking
    No other PCIe or PCI cards

18. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

SMbus stands for system management bus

try running driver cleaner

19. jznomoney

jznomoney Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTS 250
    Do these drivers work on a nforce3 raid configuration yet. When It first came out all it would do is crash windows on load.

20. zpert

zpert New Member

pretty sure I can't download the driver. I click "I agree" to those terms, but it just takes me back to the main page. What am I doin wrong? thanks

edit: apparently I can't read, cause it was just my firewall, lol, thanks anyway.