NVIDIA Titan V Graphics Card Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The first benchmarks of the new NVIDIA Titan V Volta Graphics Card have arrived. The numbers include Ashes of Singularity, Ashes of Singularity DX12, Rise of The Tomb Raider - Max 1440p, Gears of War...

NVIDIA Titan V Graphics Card Benchmarks

2. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    Is it just me, or is that really disappointing? I mean, it's supposed to be the next generation of cards, and within that, the uppest high end version. Yet it barely is faster than the previous one....

I guess here it again shows that nVidia has no competition and is just selling sand for gold. :(

3. Ridiric

Ridiric Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti @2100Mhz
    Considering that the GPU layout isn't really designed for gaming, that's pretty impressive actually, its got things like the tensor cores, and a lot of FP64 processing power that isn't really for gaming.

Silva likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's a lot more than 'barely faster'.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Silva likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nothing special here. Move on. Not a big jump. It's just meh. Expected from a so fast release. Perhaps TITAN will lose its crown as the fastest gaming card. It will move in professional category it seems. That's why in Nvidia Drivers section it is on its own. No GTX anymore.

6. Yuukicrystal

Yuukicrystal Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1070/8096MB
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Almost 2x faster then 1080ti is nothing to you?

I expected it to be around those speeds though, to be honest a tiny bit faster, but still ok. Not 3000€ ok, but ok.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No Sir, that is an overclocked value. This chart is based on reference results and clock frequencies.

Silva likes this.
  9. Prometheus336

Prometheus336 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980ti G1 Gaming
    Ah ok that's why the 980ti is like 800 points short :p I just did a superposition bench and I scored 4359, which is less than half than what does the new card and raises my hopes for the new x80ti :D, let's just hope they won't go crazy with pricing and keep the 700€ range.

10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Can someone post SLI 1080 and 1080 Ti scores to compare with? That would put things in perspective.

Thunk_It likes this.

11. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Well this card isn't aimed at gamers with those tensor cores.
    The real question is whether the 1180Ti will have the same configuration but without tensor cores, or more normal cores.

If they'll just strip down the tensor cores I can see how 40-50% may be a bit disappointing considering the 1080Ti is about 60-70% faster than the 980Ti. So I kinda get the concerns in this thread.

12. Zeka

Zeka Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 280
    Nvidia is really flexing those muscles, yes? Almost 30 - 40 % faster than the 1080ti which was THE FASTEST gaming card on the market just yesterday. This is unheard of honestly. Previously, AMD and Nvidia were trading blows, more or less, and releasing cards that were perhaps 10 - 20% faster than the previous generation... but to release a gaming card out of the blue which is faster 40% than the fastest available card is... astonishing

I don't know what the motivation is for this. Obviously, they were already on the top, marking up their cards as high as they please... Now this? And no less than $3k ? Changing the game

13. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Did you forget to take your medication? Titan V is 42% faster over Titan Xp! Imagine a 1180/2080 (whatever naming they move on forward) with +40% more performance over the last generation. I don't think that's bad a all! Now the price, we will have to wait and see what they come up with but in late years it SUCKS!

14. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Impressive when you think about it.
    10% of the card is probably sleeping and another 10% does not know what to do with the gaming load.
    This card is not made for gaming and a gaming card could probably be sold for 1000$ cheaper with the same gaming performance, but this card is still going to sell no problem oddly enough.

15. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Most of the GV100 results shown are at stock clocks. From the web ...

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Artificial benchmark scores don't really interest me although in that particular test the Titan V is clearly a LOT faster than a GTX 1080 Ti. I'm far interested to see how Volta performs in games though but there is absolutely no way I would EVER pay $3,000 for a graphics card (well, unless I won the lottery or something and money was no object).

The pricing of the Titan V does leave me concerned as to how much the inevitable GTX 2080 Ti (or GTX 1180 Ti) will cost. NVIDIA have been ramping up the prices of the high-end consumer cards by £100+ for the past few years now and I would not be surprised to see them selling for £800+, essentially the same price the Titans were selling for a few years back. Unfortunately, NVIDIA have no competition in the high end marker, they know that, and that's why they can get away with charging whatever they like. People will buy them regardless just as some people will pay $3,000 for a Titan V to pay games on just so they can brag about having the fastest card. NVIDIA are basically the Apple of the graphics card industry, right now.

17. Stevethegreat

Stevethegreat Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTX (630/1000)
    As expected pathetic results. I mean it was easily known that Volta will blow because nVidia decided to only add 40% more cuda cores at lower clock even.

Predictably it's only 40 % faster, by comparison titan XP is almost 100% faster than titan Maxwell.

Worst gaming release ever, followed by the highest price ever (why are titan cards suddenly 200% pricier, where they not pricy enough)?

For compute even, buy 4 Tis for the same price, and blow this thing out of the water. Does nVidia aiming to commit financial suicide? Because I can see noone buying this, not even professionals.

18. Stevethegreat

Stevethegreat Guest

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTX (630/1000)
    Titan cards were always made for gaming. They *are* gaming cards with another name. Virtual clones of xx80 ti cards (slightly more cores often). I should know I own a Titan X whcih was bought precisely because I wanted 2017 performance in 2016 (released 1.5 years ago and its performance is still current).

This card is not sleeping. It's just weak (only 40% more cores than a $700 card at 4 times the price, they are looking for fools).

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    This card is like the Non RX Vega cards from AMD because those cards were not geared towards gaming either. Also if these cards are not geared towards gaming then the 1180 ti or 2080 Ti should out perform it in gaming situations because in my mind that the Titian V seems similar to the Quadro cards.
    If these cards are cheaper than the Quadro cards and they can perform similarly to a Quadro card for a cheaper price I can see professionals purchasing this card. If there was a gaming mode that you can enable like the the Standard Vega cards then maybe there will be more gaming performance but we do not know that yet or what Nvidia's objective here with the Titan Vs.

20. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    You cannot really compare the Titan Volta with previous generations as this is the first one that is aimed at professionals that also dabble a bit in gaming. Tensor Flow cores and massive die size should be giveaways here. This isn't a graphics card for the average consumer, but for the prosumer.

alanm likes this.